The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

View from Livingroom

Peter Leyenaar

View from living room , Summer, Winter and Snowstorm,

Sitting here in my living room with a raging snowstorm outsite, almost a whiteout,no one is going anywhere.

This is the day that I was going in to Calgary to the Camera store and convince
myself that I really don't want that beautiful little 45 f2.8 :)

Best Regards

Peter

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Nice view.
It's a shame about the lens. The LORD has a sence of humor too.
Better luck next time. That storm is heading it's way to Philly.
We're due for about an inch or under.
Don

Arjuna

I ended up driving around in that storm for half of the day: not so bad, people were mostly driving sensibly, but I am glad to be home and dry now.

And the last time I was in the Camera Store, Peter tempted me with a beautiful, used, chrome M8; he showed me a Noctilux too, but I wasn't so tempted.

Last edited:

Peter Leyenaar

Hello Arjuna,

Driving around in Calgary in this kind of weather is no fun, we are 500 feet higher than
Calgary, our weather is generally a lot worse than Calgary and so are the roads, we usually see a lot of cars in the ditch in this kind of weather.
We have lived here for 30 years and never gotten of the road, knock wood, came close though.

Peter in the Camera Store showed me that Noctilux also, it is absolutely mint, like new, I can't remember if it is the f1 or f.95, I think he wanted Can$6000 for it , which I think is a very good price.
It is a very nice piece of glass, however, I have no use for it anymore, (and a son in UofC, I could have bought a couple of S2s and a bunch of lenses for the money I spend on him)

I am going try to get in to Calgary tomorrow if the weather lets up and if the snowplows come by, I still have to clean out my drive way to get to the road, this usually takes me a couple of hours, I have snow drifts now 2 to 3 feet.

That 45 2.8 is beckoning me.

Best Regards

Peter

slau

The Noctilux is a f1.0, Peter. I have played with it a little bit too when I was in the Store couple days ago. Can't really tell it is an used lens.