The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some shots with the Panasonic Leica 45 f2.8

Peter Leyenaar

I managed to get in to Calgary and sample the Panasonic Leica 45 f2.8 in the Camera Store, it didn't take very long to realize that I "had to have" this lens, out came he creditcard and the deed was done, painless.

This is a very fine lens indeed, it has a Leica like image quality, I can see that I'll be using this lens a lot, in addition to the 20 1.7, this make a great combo, I am not too much interested in the zooms anymore.

One additional benefit of this lens is that one can digitize slides with it : mount the camera on an enlarger stand, Lightbox with calibrated light on the base slide on the lightbox in a mask and shoot away.

Here are some images I took in Beanos, a popular coffee place in Calgary, where they have real nice coffee (European style, strong ,not bitter), and where you can meet some nice and interesting people.

Best Regards

Peter

Last edited:

Rich M

Peter-

After reading your earlier "trapped by the snowstorm" post, I figured it was only delaying the inevitable.

Congratulations are in order.

I am finding with mine that it rarely comes off the camera. An extremely versatile lens.

Richard

Terry

Congratulations Peter. I am really enjoying this lens as well.

For those looking for it, Panasonic.com has it available to order from their website. It says backordered HOWEVER, if they have it available for order they know it will be coming in. For instance the 7-14 has never been for sale on their site.