The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Broken lens?

photoSmart42

Hey, all.

I started using the Canon FD 135mm/2.5 lens I bought a few months ago for my G1, and I'm noticing that at wide open the images are out of focus. It looks like there's 2 or 3 images stacked on top of each other, each slightly shifted around. It looks better as I increase the f-stop, although it's not as sharp as my kit lens at any aperture. Any thoughts on what that might mean? Is there something else I can check or change? Is that normal, or am I dealing with a bad lens?

Thanks!

Michiel Schierbeek

Could be broken or loose glass internally, I suppose.
Sometimes I wonder how these lenses stay oké with mailing them around the globe.
Michiel

photoSmart42

Thanks for the replies! Guess I get what I paid for - got it pretty cheap at a used camera store locally. At least now I know something else to look for in a used lens to decide whether I keep or return it.