The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I've added a GF1 section to my website..

My GF1 arrived Friday and I've been trying to make time to use it, read the manual and post some photos.... weather has been a bit sucky though.

I've set up a GF1 section on my website. Here's the direct link:

http://www.boxedlight.com/gf1/index.htm

Two more lenses are on the way. One should be here Monday, the 14-45, and the 45-200 should follow soon after.

So far it looks like a versatile and fun camera.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Jim, I think you are at an excellent start. You have lots to photograph around you.

I have the E-P1 and did miss the EVF. The G1/GH1 fit better for my style. Now I hear that the EVF for the EP-2 seems to be rather good. Nothing wrong with the G1/GH1 except it is slightly more bulky.

Uwe

Terry

I know that I posted over at that "other" :p forum but just wanted to welcome you to the world of m4/3 forum. Lots of good helpful information over here. I hope the GF1 works out for you

Terry

Sorry Jim I'm gonna go a little OT...

Hi Uwe, I didn't get a chance to say welcome to the forum yesterday...I hope the GH1 is still working out well. I still haven't begun to tackle video! Too much going on to take on the new learning curve.

Diane B

Good to see both Jim and Uwe here in the 4/3rds forum. Welcome.

Jim, I had checked out your new GF1 section and enjoyed it and your comments from the 'other' forum link.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Terry wrote,

>I hope the GH1 is still working out well. I still haven't begun to tackle video!

These days I mainly use the GH1 for video. Great if the light is good. But I shot also quite few still with E-P1/G1/Gh1 before. But maybe I start again travel light and the GH1 would be in it's element. In SF I would carry it all the time. Here in Hollister I am most of the time close to the car :) and can have the 5D2 and 1ds3 with me.

What I like about this forum are the many images that inspire and the discussion is fun to follow too.

Some may not know that Jack is a good friend of mine for many years. Jack and Guy managed to create a photography forum as it should be. Congratulations to both of them. It all comes down to passion and friendly attitude.

Last edited:

Rick Waldroup

I am very interested in this camera for street shooting. Jim, is there any type of significant shutter lag? Can you set the focus manually to a preset distance? Thanks, Rick.

I am very interested in this camera for street shooting. Jim, is there any type of significant shutter lag? Can you set the focus manually to a preset distance? Thanks, Rick.

Rick, yes. You can set the camera to Manual and set up a prefocus point.. with that configuration there is no lag. Press the shutter and the shot is taken.:thumbup:

As for street shooting with AF... I think you would find that it works but I suggest you try to get your hands on one first to "feel" it for yourself.

Hope this helps.

Jim

I know that I posted over at that "other" :p forum but just wanted to welcome you to the world of m4/3 forum. Lots of good helpful information over here. I hope the GF1 works out for you
Thanks, Terry... So many forums, so little time. So far only one guy wants to argue with me about selling the M8.:deadhorse: It's sold, it's gone.. no point in discussing it now.

I can only say that if I had a rich uncle and he left me an M9 and several Luxes, a 75 and 90.. I'd be back in the game. But I just can't spend that kind of money on my hobby.

Beautiful day here today but we have a Christmas open house to go to.. Humbug!.. I'd rather be shooting.

Your website is really a model of clarity--nice work.
Thank you... Pixel Peeping is not my thing. I just want to hear how people feel about their gear and see what they do with it. That's always how I have made a decision to buy a camera.

If my website helps someone then it has been worth the effort to maintain it.

Terry

I saw that about the M8...I guess the guy failed to look at the excellent portrait work that you showcase on your website.

Hey, I'll go to your open house if you can magically make all of my boxes disappear and have all of my "stuff" put away.

Terry...

I saw that about the M8...I guess the guy failed to look at the excellent portrait work that you showcase on your website.

Hey, I'll go to your open house if you can magically make all of my boxes disappear and have all of my "stuff" put away.
I don't know why some people get upset when you sell a camera... it's just a tool. It's not like I was selling my children to a stranger.

About those boxes..... uh... let me get back to you on that...

Seriously, you have no idea how much I envy you living in San Francisco. I would give just about anything to be able to live there.. all my favorite places within a few hours drive.... now I'm really bummed... I better go to that party.

jonoslack

Re: Terry...

Hi Jim
I don't know why some people get upset when you sell a camera... it's just a tool. It's not like I was selling my children to a stranger.
Bonkers isn't it - I think they feel personally slighted (if they have one themselves).

Glad you're enjoying the GF1.