The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just bought my way back into G1 ownership ....

gDallasK

I sold my G1 a few months ago after buying an E-P1. I didn't really want to sell it but I had a Leica M9 to pay for so it had to go.

But, boy, have I missed that brilliant EVF and the articulated LCD. So, I've just bought another one on eBay. And I paid £110 less than the selling price of my first G1.

I'll be keeping the E-P1 though. With the pancake lens it is perfect for those occasions when even the G1 is too big. Or when I want to shoot a little video.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Geoff,
Welcome back. Myself, the Pen 1 and I are in the midst of a passionate love affair.
I do have a G1 as a mistress tho'.
I almost sold it but luckily I still have it.
It's a very talented camera. Enjoy.
Shooter

vincechu

Hi Geoff, reading this is making me think twice - I'm currently trying to sell my G1 to get an E-P1 but now I think I'll regret it :( - I love the EVF and the rotating screen too - guess I might have to have both :)

Vince

Diane B

Hi Geoff, reading this is making me think twice - I'm currently trying to sell my G1 to get an E-P1 but now I think I'll regret it :( - I love the EVF and the rotating screen too - guess I might have to have both :)

Vince
Having both is not a bad thing ;) I have the G1 and GF1 and sometimes carry both bodies, 2 lenses mounted and maybe one more with me. It all fits in a small bag, weighs not much and gives me easy access to both lenses without remounting. I also like to carry the GF1 around my neck (NEVER thought I would say that--I hate neck straps, but the GF1/EP1 are light enough not to be cumbersome) and the G1 in a quite small bag with one lens mounted and one more. That's really quite flexible and feels very light and small.

I do often carry the GF1 with 20 just tucked into a small handbag when photography is secondary.

Diane

vincechu

I do often carry the GF1 with 20 just tucked into a small handbag when photography is secondary.

Diane.
That's exactly what attracting me to the E-P1 and GF-1, I love their size - although the G1 is so comfortable to hold due to the grip and has many other advantages over the other 2, it's simply not as easy to take out and take a few shots because its larger and in social settings it's kind of intrusive? (not sure if thats the best word) it makes everyone notice you with a SLR and that you're photographing - the other 2 cameras are more discreet i guess. Hope u know what i mean ;)