The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1/E-P2/GF1 and shooting in darkness

kai.e.g.

Gotta say, it was hard to keep the cabin temperature above 0 for long as it is exactly our family kesämökki... thank god for the sauna after a days ski when its -17 outside -4 inside and your buggered :-D
My cousin (from Helsinki) sometimes uses our place in the middle of winter. When they first get there, it might be -20c, and they light both the sauna and the main fire. Then sit and wait, and wait. And wait. When the temperature reaches 0c, they pop a bottle of champaigne! If they're lucky, by the time the bottle is empty, it's actually starting to get comfortable!

Brian Mosley

Thanks Rich, I could probably do much better with noise reduction by using Bibble Pro v5 which includes Noise Ninja - this is from Olympus Studio if I remember correctly.

Not bad for ISO 6400 on a 4/3rds sensor, I guess.

Cheers

Brian

pellicle

Hi

My cousin (from Helsinki) sometimes uses our place in the middle of winter. When they first get there, it might be -20c, and they light both the sauna and the main fire.
ahh ... this one only has a sauna and a stupid metal stove which is about large enough for one small klapi ... if it bloody burns

(usually you'll here voi Perkele while I'm lighting that stupid thing)

Then sit and wait, and wait. And wait. When the temperature reaches 0c, they pop a bottle of champaigne! If they're lucky, by the time the bottle is empty, it's actually starting to get comfortable!
and hasn't smashed itself (from freezing) on the ski across the ice to get to the place ;-)

need to take care before taking a belt of some Brandy from the pulkka in those conditions too....

kai.e.g.

Hi
need to take care before taking a belt of some Brandy from the pulkka in those conditions too....
Ihan totta. I heard that when they were building the Alaska pipeline in the 70's, many a young worker brought in from places like Texas learned the hard way that swilling from a little hip flask of vodka or bourbon is not a good idea at extreme freezing temperatures. Voi perkele indeed!