The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEW Patent from Panasonic... open for speculations...

iiiNelson

I would say possible G2 except it appears to have a mirror like a traditional SLR. Maybe a new 4/3 SLR camera.

kweide

....and it has an aux mirror. Looks like it has, like E330, a second sensor in the mirror case to achieve LV in each shutter position...

kweide

Seems as if is was the base ( patent was registered in 2005 )for G1 and may now be the base for a follow on cam G2 or G3 ( filed altered ?? in 2009 ) or is it a hint towards a new Pana/Oly development ??? Looks as if they reinvent the e330 LV technique with a second sensor to produce LV when mirror is down.

Terry

I was trying to read through it (confusing at best) and I was thinking you used the "viewfinder" and depending where the mirror was you either were looking through an OVF or an EVF. So you had at eye level both options.

There was also a diagram that looked like an enlarged center section for manual focus (unlike the current full screen implementation).

V

Vivek

Looks to me that they are trying to augment their earlier patent.

While it may or may not be related (disclaimer: I do not have knowledge of these technologies that are protected by patents), Sony uses "quick liveview" in their current cams.

LizaWitz

This is a patent for one of their previous DSLRs. They file the patent before they release the camera. They have to file to protect the invention. The patent may not be issued for years.

In this case this is a patent issued after the company has moved on already to a new design.

This isn't news, its really news from 2005/2006. I think people are thinking since it was just released that they're going to make another 4/3 camera in 2010! (saw something on a rumor site like that.)