The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Kitty, with 4/3 NOT m/3

Lili

with my 'old school' e410 and the 25mm pancake
this camera sorta got sidelined when I got my e510 with IS and all that.
but, playing with it and the pancake lens I realized (again) just how small and light a kit this combo is...

Peter Klein

Nice noble-faced portrait, Lili. Do you remember what ISO this was taken at? I'd guess 1600, but I'd like to know for sure.

--Peter, who has an E-510, and wishes there was an Oly 25/1.8 or 1.7 for regular 4/3.

bensonga

Kind of has a 400+ B&W film grain look to me. While it would probably be objectionable in color, I don't mind it at all in B&W.

And of course....I love the cat! Reminds me of a grey tabby I lived with many, many years ago.

Gary

Lili

Nice noble-faced portrait, Lili. Do you remember what ISO this was taken at? I'd guess 1600, but I'd like to know for sure.

--Peter, who has an E-510, and wishes there was an Oly 25/1.8 or 1.7 for regular 4/3.
Thank you! This was done at ISO 1600, hence the gritty near-tri-x look
I too would like faster lenses for my Oly's but would prefer said lenses to be small and light

Last edited:

Lili

Ben and Ron, thanks! ISO 1600 with cropped ends of to make square; hence the grain, which I like in B&W as well. She does not pose for long so one has to grab the shots one can.

Lili

Here is a shot in the same lighting and differing pose, shot with my K100D Super and the 50/1.4 FA lens.Shot at f2.8 and ISO 1600. Cropped about the same amount too.

You can see the larger, fewer-pixel sensor shows less noise.
I like both palettes myself...