The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ice

pellicle

Hi

since its winter (in this hemisphere) I thought it might be nice to start an ice thread. After a few days in a row of -20 or so and no snow there was some really excellent frost formations on the lakes. I've never seen anything like it here before ... probably because there's always been snow by this time its this cold

so, what's it like where you live?

greypilgrim

That second one is fascinating.

I'm afraid for us it's just rainy and cold. Never cold enough for snow unless you go up into the hills :(.

Usually winter photography in the bay area is best for me when the sun is out. You get some really good angles from the light.

Doug

JBurnett

Ice in a stream. Took these today on my walk. In Toronto we haven't had too much snow yet, but we've been experiencing below-freezing temperatures for a number of days now.

viablex1

Ice in a stream. Took these today on my walk. In Toronto we haven't had too much snow yet, but we've been experiencing below-freezing temperatures for a number of days now.

wow I thought this thread would suck but man I stand corrected!!! that last one is really an eye catcher!!!

bradhusick

a few of mine...
alaska

alaska

this is a geysir in Iceland just at the start of its 30 meter explosion (1/3000 sec.) At the time of this exposure the bubble is roughly 2 meters high

pellicle

nice capture of the moment there

I really love the blue colour

and I love ice images :)

(from last season)

Michiel Schierbeek

If tis tread was about snow and ice I could post this picture.
Oops I did. :rolleyes:
There is falling a lot of snow right now here.

BTW I did order the other FD adapter.
Michiel

G1 + Canon FD 50/1.4​

JerryMK

Beautiful shots, especially love JBurnetts serie.

Ice crystal scenary with G1/Tokina 90mm ATX

Kiron 105mm f2.5

JBurnett

Jerry, you're inspiring me to consider a longer focal-length macro lens in addition to what I have.

Aaron -- very interesting ice formation!

slau

I always find ice is fascinating even though it is usually associated with coldness. Nature is amazing to create that kind of shape, form, color, etc. I live in Canada and I have lots of chance to shoot ice every year.

GH1 + 14-140 + CP + ND