The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic G1/GH1 talk-through and tips - Youtube link

vincechu

Hi everyone just wanted to share a link - it's to a Youtube user "LBGuides" who has uploaded many videos about the G1/GH1 and talks you through using many of the different modes on both cameras as well as explaining what some features do.

Here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/user/lbguides#p/u

I'm finding the videos quite useful because

1. I'm a photography/DSLR newbie :eek:

2. Frankly the manual that came with my G1 sucks :deadhorse: and I'm not really a manual reading type of person anyway hehe... :eek:

3. Finally, LBGuides explains everything crystal clear. :thumbup:

I've definately learned alot about what the G1 can do from him - hope it helps =) :salute:

Most handy thing to me was learning about controlling the flash's power.

K

klythawk

In the same boat as you Vince, another beginner still scratching the surface, but have found the video's very helpful. :thumbup:

vincechu

Good to know it's been of some use =)

klythawk don't hesitate to ask q's on the forums - everyones been really helpful to me here =) take it you bought a G1 also?

K

klythawk

Its ok Vince, after reading alot of the posts here, i know everyone is very helpful. :thumbup:

Yes, i bought the G1/14-45 kit lens from Currys a few weeks ago, but i'm leaning more towards the GF-1/20mm. Going to try one out this week, bit concerned about no IS though. :(

vincechu

klythawk, yeah I know what you mean, I'm not sure if i did the right thing by buying the G1, although it has it's advantages I'm really liking the GF-1/20mm set, i asked a few others abt the IS, they said they didnt find it a problem as its a quick lense and because they didnt tend to use it for long distance snapping.