The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF-1 and Sigma 50 mm f:1,4

E

ellemand

Hi all.
I've tried to find information about this combo - but couldn't.
I know it's a big lens on the GF-1, but I want something to use at concerts, in churches and for portraits.
I have the 20 mm'er for walk-around.
Will the Sigma go with GF-1 - will it work like the 20 mm regarding AF?
I will of course buy it with the micro four-third bayonet.

Best wishes
Ellemand

kweide

The Sigma 50 mm f1.4 does not exist in mFT version. You can buy it in FT or other version but not in mFT.
I own one and use it often on my E-P1 adapted thru Pana DMW-MA1 Adapter. It works very good in this combination inclusive AF. Normaly it is my low light alternative to Zuiko 50 mm F2 on my E-3....
I dont think it works on GF-1...

E

ellemand

Thank you.
Do you know, where I can se a list over all mFT-lenses? I have a connection her in Denmark, where I can get Sigma to a good price - so Sigma is atractive for me.
I will prefer real mFT-lenses - without using adapters.

E

ellemand

Hey Kweide.
Thank you again.
Anyone knows about mFT's from Sigma.

simonclivehughes

It's not AF of course, but the Voitlander 50mm f1.5 Nokton is a superb lens on the G series cameras. Small, light and wonderful IQ.

Cheers,

E

ellemand

ggibson and Simon.
Thanks for your replies - I'll check it out.
Also I'll ask my connection at Sigma after Christmas - I'll let you know, if there is anything serius to tell;-)

Godfrey

Will the Sigma go with GF-1 - will it work like the 20 mm regarding AF?
Presuming the FourThirds SLR mount, it is manual focus only on Panasonic bodies using the DMW-MA1 mount converter.

For a fast lens in this focal length range which can auto-focus on the GF1, there's only one choice at present: the Macro-Elmarit 45mm f/2.8 ASPH OIS.

I am currently using one of either the Olympus Pen F G.Zuiko 40mm f/1.4 or Konica Hexanon AR 40mm f/1.8, adapted and manual operation only. I've also used the Pentax-M 50mm f/1.4 (same ... adapted and manual operation). They work very well with the G1/GH1/GF1 bodies.

If anyone's interested, I've decided to sell the Olympus 40/1.4 now ... contact me via PM or send me an email. (The Oly 40/1.4 and Konica 40/1.8 are so like to each other I don't need both, and I can use the Konica on the L1 and E-1 too.)

Novaron

My Zeiss Planar (for Contax SLR) 50/1.4 is a nice lens for this purpose as well.

The following shot of John Boutté and Paul Sanchez was taken at the French Market a week ago or so with the G1 at ISO 500.