The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tripods for small sensor cameras?

Terry

Hi Terry:

I have the same Gitzo ball head on order.
Can that round non-QR platform be removed allowing the RRS clamp to be fastened directly to the stem?

regards
Santo
I'm not sure and it is in SF and I'm in NY. I'm not sure why you would do that. The platform does give it stability without adding much to the height.

sangio

I'm not sure and it is in SF and I'm in NY. I'm not sure why you would do that. The platform does give it stability without adding much to the height.

Yes, I was hoping to minimize the height. It sounds easier to just attach it on top of the round platform, so I'll probably do that.

thanks
Santo

stephengilbert

"I have a Gitzo 226 (vintage 1997) in my tripod closet...."

Lars, you need help. You have a tripod closet? I thought my owning three tripods was bad. I'd better go shopping.

Steve

bensonga

"I have a Gitzo 226 (vintage 1997) in my tripod closet...."
Lars, you need help. You have a tripod closet? I thought my owning three tripods was bad. I'd better go shopping.
Steve
Wish I had an extra closet for mine. But more to the point, yes Steve, you need to go tripod shopping, immediately! :D

I don't know how you manage with only three. I gave two Bogen tripods away recently....that brings me down to seven tripods on hand....plus two monopods.

After all, a really serious photographer can never have too many tripods. :eek:

Gary