The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF1 == girlfreind??

W

wonderer

My mind seems to have firmly associated the pattern GF with "girlfriend" :confused: Like when i was reading the following ad:

"I would like to purchase a Panasonic 14-45mm lens for my GF1 ........"

at first glance my reaction was that he is buying a lens for his girlfriend :LOL: Already this has happenned to me twice in last 24 hours :shocked:

slau

You are not the only one.

My friend has been calling the GF1 his 'girlfriend' for a long time, since Panasonic made the announcement. I noticed we have attracted some attention when we discussed about his red 'girlfriend' in public place, as my friend is very 'mature' :).

Ron Evers

You are not the only one.

My friend has been calling the GF1 his 'girlfriend' for a long time, since Panasonic made the announcement. I noticed we have attracted some attention when we discussed about his red 'girlfriend' in public place, as my friend is very 'mature' :).
You mean he is an old fart like me? :ROTFL:

B

Brian Puccio

Actually, I do call my girlfriend "gf" aloud instead of her name sometimes, she thought it was funny when I bought a GF1, she thinks it is named after her. (As well as the GF Auto Repair show down the block.)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I get it,
GF1 works, but what about for Christmas, getting a GF1 for your GF2?
-bob

laptoprob

So what about the number then? GF1 obviously is girlfriend number one?!
The next model just might be called GF2.

polygamy!

PeterB666

Ever since they first announced the GF1 I wondered why they called it the Girlfriend 1 - probably something very Japanese.

W

wonderer

ohh no! you dont get to keep both GF1 and GF2 :) you have to dump GF1 before you go for GF2 -- or 'she' will dump you anyway ;)

So what about the number then? GF1 obviously is girlfriend number one?!
The next model just might be called GF2.

polygamy!

W

wonderer

Good for you!! But definitely dont tell her when GF2 gets released. that might not go too well with her :)

Actually, I do call my girlfriend "gf" aloud instead of her name sometimes, she thought it was funny when I bought a GF1, she thinks it is named after her. (As well as the GF Auto Repair show down the block.)

W

wonderer

OK, I get it,
GF1 works, but what about for Christmas, getting a GF1 for your GF2?
-bob
ohh its already getting confusing, which one is the camera and which is the 'real' GF :confused: :p