The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Has any of you used this GF-1 case?

Terry

I have the Panasonic version. I know that this one has the tripod screw on the bottom and the Panasonic case needs to be taken off when using a tripod but the flat bottom of the Panny case allows you to sit the camera upright flush on the table.

Yeah, I can't use the Pany case, because there's nothing holding the camera in, as I don't use a neck strap...this arrangement is more appealing to me.

wjlapier

Yeah, I can't use the Pany case, because there's nothing holding the camera in, as I don't use a neck strap...this arrangement is more appealing to me.
I use a Luigi wrist strap with the "tiny end" with my Pana case when I use the case. The case is secure. The case give you more grip to hold unto too.

That said, I like the look of some of those cases on ebay.

kdphotography

Many options for camera cases (full and half) for the GF1----I was surprised how much camera cases cost.... I like the idea of getting a "full" body leather case and being able to use it as a half case if wanted....

eekimel

I actually bought that and got it before my GF-1. It's OK, not a super snug fit and the tripod screw actually comes separate and has to be fitted in the case (there are two little lips but so far it doesn't stay put). Doesn't feel too bad but if I thought Luigi was doing a fitted case any time soon I'd have waited.

kdphotography

I picked up this case for my GF1: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170417315140&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT ---which I received this morning.

It's surpringly good quality and fits the GF1 and 20mm; too small for the 14-45, though it will work fine when used only as a half-case with the 14-45 attached. Nice smelling leather; good stitching. Quick to flip the top cover off. Tripod screw attaches the case to the camera body, and also allows attachment of a 1/4" tripod screw mount. Even with the screw mount on the case, the camera can still balance itself on a flat table surface. My asian brothers did good. ;)

Also try the guy on eBay from Thailand selling the "Squino" leather half cases. No Tripod mount on the bottom but the case lays flat and there is an interior screw that secures the camera. Very nice quality and relatively cheap. I think mine was $50 or $60. Still waiting for the GF1 version to arrive but I have one for the LX3 and had one for the EP2 as well.

ReeRay

As I'm about to start using my Zeiss CZ glass I realised the front/top of the case was superfluous.

I decided to modify my case to allow a more protective half case.

Just chopped the front/top section off and a quick stitch.

Covers the LCD perfectly, the main dials are immediately accessible, allows easy menu access and I can keep my EVF permanently attached.

Total cost $3 at the local leather shop.