The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Welcome Fuji or is it only a fake ???

V

Vivek

What I am hoping for:

1. The rumored swivel TFT screen.

2. Fair price.

3. Easy to open/hack body to get to the CCD sensor.

3. No dp revs, run of the mill, "review".

Brian Mosley

Yes, I'd love to see a Fuji m4/3rds entry - it would be fantastic to have an alternative sensor in this format.

What do you mean by 'No dp revs, run of the mill, "review"' Vivek? I'd like to see the review done by Richard or Andy... less rock star personality, more focus on the objective review ;)

Cheers

Brian

V

Vivek

Brian, A few things I noticed about what they do lead me to that statement.

Example:

E-P1: "harking back to the glory days of film..." ("Metallic body"- when another site showed how much plastic there is in the skin).

On 20/1.7, first claim was the "absence of flare".

They changed (20/1.7) the NyQuist freq results, following a post by Bob here.

Regardless of the style (being prosaic or entertaining does not matter), it is the flawed substance that turned me off. Not worth the bother.

BTW, camera companies should be paying sites like this more attention than the "review" sites.

Take a look at the works of Malcolm Gladwell.

(for example: http://www.gladwell.com/2000/2000_10_30_a_pitchman.htm)

Discussion sites like this are very valuable informercials for Pana/Oly, etc.

Brian Mosley

Thanks for the expansion, I see where you're coming from. Discussion sites like this are more valuable to the clued up individual as a source of user info and self support than to the big companies I think.

The big companies can't relate what's posted here to their international markets - they will pay for nice freebie trips to the factory for the site owners (not pointing the finger in any direction in particular!), loan kit etc to garner good reviews... but the individual user can't be controlled (which is good for us). All IMHO :D

Cheers

Brian

photoSmart42

Why the excitement over Fuji in particular? I completely understand the need for additional players in this market space, but I'm not familiar with Fuji as a camera company aside from making 35mm film. Please explain.

Brian Mosley

For me, the excitement is the increased dynamic range and colour signature offered by the Fuji image processor - I've never owned a Fuji camera, so hopefully there will be some nice new surprises in how they go about things.

I believe Fuji have a great reputation for skin colour rendition - wedding photographers seem to love them.

Cheers

Brian

s.agar

I hope that it may come true.
I always liked Fuji and still own the F31, f20 and S5 pro. It would be a very nice entry to the M4/3. Imagine excellent highlight details on top of the existing fine quality of the GF1 and pen cameras.

Rawfa

A Fuji sensor would be very welcome! One of the down sides of micro 4/3 IMO is limited dynamic range (especially with high lights). I'm not hoping for the 13.5 dynamic range offered by the S5/S3 Pro (no other DSLR has this much DR)...but it's nice to dream :)

vincechu

I'd love to see a MFT camera with that styling! looks so retro/cool. Hope it'll take good photos too tho!

kweide

I want to see the Fuji Sensor in the next E-x System with an DR of min 14 and real 16 Mpixel max. They will count about 24 but that is just marketing.

V

Vivek

15mm f/1.7???!!!!

(I have 0.75X and 0.65X converters...........)

photoSmart42

Considering the fact that the lenses pictured at the bottom of the ad are the Panasonic LUMIX lenses labeled as Fujinon lenses, I'd say there's a good chance this is a fake.

Amin

Unfortunately it's a fake. Constructed from this image of a Fuji Klasse S alomg with borrowed bits from current MFT and Fuji cameras:

Though if Fuji were to enter the system, I would love to see them go high end with a body based on the Klasse!

madmaxmedia

I love Malcolm Gladwell!

His article on IQ was pretty eye-opening, as was his book Outliers.

Brian, A few things I noticed about what they do lead me to that statement.

Example:

E-P1: "harking back to the glory days of film..." ("Metallic body"- when another site showed how much plastic there is in the skin).

On 20/1.7, first claim was the "absence of flare".

They changed (20/1.7) the NyQuist freq results, following a post by Bob here.

Regardless of the style (being prosaic or entertaining does not matter), it is the flawed substance that turned me off. Not worth the bother.

BTW, camera companies should be paying sites like this more attention than the "review" sites.

Take a look at the works of Malcolm Gladwell.

(for example: http://www.gladwell.com/2000/2000_10_30_a_pitchman.htm)

Discussion sites like this are very valuable informercials for Pana/Oly, etc.

RichA