The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

This lens or new Voigtlander for G1?

monza

The 40/2 M-Rokkor is a great lens, but it doesn't focus all that close. I found that problematic on my G1...

Y.B.Hudson III

That lens is the CLE 40/2 M-Rokkor, the serial # is located on the barrel ( the # on the CL is located on the front of the lens). It has the same lens cam* as the summicron 40, also the same optical formula, but that model Rokkor has superior double coatings and resultant better contrast compared to the Summicron. a Very Nice lens...but as monza indicated...it won't do for those faceb00k self-portraits :)

* an if you have a M body...you can rock sum tri-X wif it!

RichA

Interesting. The cheap Minolta 45mm f2.0 doesn't focus very close either, but it's a decent prime.

monza

The 40/2 is great on a CL or CLE. I wonder if it could be modified to focus closer. :)

In the meantime I like the 38/1.8 and 40/1.4 Pen lenses for similar field of view and 14" close focus.

RichA

The 40/2 is great on a CL or CLE. I wonder if it could be modified to focus closer. :)

In the meantime I like the 38/1.8 and 40/1.4 Pen lenses for similar field of view and 14" close focus.
I've got the 38mm Pen, it's a very good lens, better than my OM 35mm f2.8 wide open.