The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Your Top m4/3 Picture of 2009

kevinparis

oh there have been so many...its been a big learning year this year. I will go with the last 4/3 shot i took this year. Have just got a Canon 5d mk2 and I am getting to grips with that at the moment, but I am sure i will atill find time for the e-p1 and the 510

But this is a shot with an E-p1 and a zuiko 24/2 that I like.

happy new year everyone

K

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
oh there have been so many...its been a big learning year this year. I will go with the last 4/3 shot i took this year. Have just got a Canon 5d mk2 and I am getting to grips with that at the moment, but I am sure i will atill find time for the e-p1 and the 510

But this is a shot with an E-p1 and a zuiko 24/2 that I like.

happy new year everyone

K

Loved it first time - better now it's bigger.

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Uwe and Keith.
And Keith, I wouldn't spend too much time with double exposures in camera. It works once in a while, but you can do the same thing better with layers in Photoshop. It is useful in that it gives you an idea at the time of shooting if it is a good subject for the layered look.

cheers
Mike

greypilgrim

Wonderful thread, and I have enjoyed each of the posts so far.

Doug

This is the one that jumps to mind for me. I posted this before.

T

tripper

This is the shot of mine that I think pleases me the most. Not the best technically, not a lot of Wow factor but just because the G1 and 45-200mm kit lens are not at all suited to 'birding' I just got lucky and caught this Sedge Warbler singing his little heart out. :)

G1 & 45-200mm f/4-5.6 @ 200mm f/6.3 1/400s iso100

tripper

slosync

Sunrise - G1, 1/320sec, f7.1, 14mm, ISO 160

Sunshine State Skyway Bridge, St. Petersburg, Florida

Happy New Year All,
Don

ustein

Contributing Editor
Thanks Uwe and Keith.
And Keith, I wouldn't spend too much time with double exposures in camera. It works once in a while, but you can do the same thing better with layers in Photoshop. It is useful in that it gives you an idea at the time of shooting if it is a good subject for the layered look.

cheers
Mike

That is my take too. You just have a really good eye for blending. We plan to use Blending even more in 2010. Although 50% of our top 2009 pictures are blended:

http://www.outbackphoto.com/CONTENT_2007_01/section_shooting_in_the_field/20100102_Top2009Images/index.html

Terry

Uwe -
I love the texture blends in your top 10. Would love to learn more about the techniques. I assume using layers and blending in Photoshop?

Mike - I went to your website and there are so many really interesting "shots" you should post more often! love the one you posted on this thread.