The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Vote for your favourite micro 4/3rds camera!

Which is your favourite micro four thirds camera?

• Total voters
R

rachp

I voted for GH-1. I tried the EP-1 and it was too small and I decided I needed the viewfinder and flash would be nice. Video isn't important right now but if I decided I wanted to try it later then I would need the GH-1 so I saved myself some trouble later on and got the GH-1 instead of the G1 :)

Godfrey

I bought the G1 when it became available. I bought it for the viewfinder, the live view and the lens mount. The articulating LCD came with the design and has made some pictures more convenient to take. 95% or so of the time I have it turned towards the back of the camera; I use the viewfinder.

For me there hasn't been any reason to up- or sidegrade. The cameras have their pros and cons. For the future I hope for a more rugged body with better ergonomics.
We're in agreement on this, Jonas. :)

I would like this

updated to have the G1 viewfinder, sensor and the Micro-FourThirds lens mount. Weather-sealing, a magnesium body casting, HD video recording, etc etc would all be icing on the cake.

And a 70mm f/2 lens with OIS in addition to what's available and been announced already.

I hope Panasonic is listening.

V

Vivek

This poll is skewed as well. :ROTFL:

EP or G, Matshu$hita are the manufacturer of the m4/3rds sensor in all the cams thus far.

LisaR

I had the G1 and liked it alot, I now have the EP2 and LOVE it. The G1 interface was very easy to use and I loved manually focusing on the G1, but since I am also familiar with Oly cams the EP2's interface has not been a problem and the EVF is fantastic. I like that you can use it in 2 positions and people just do not notice you standing there taking their picture at all, or in stores they seem not to care since it looks like a point and shoot with the 20mm on it. The IQ and low light images have been shockingly good to me.