The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Vote for your favourite Micro 4/3rds lens!

Which is your favourite micro four thirds lens?

• Total voters

vincechu

Hi everyone,

After making my other poll (Vote for your favourite micro four thirds camera), I thought it would be only natural to start a poll about the lenses available, so here it is.

Perhaps in you could also mention why you like it the most and what you mainly use it for?

Remember it's just for fun :thumbup:

*one vote per person please *

Guess you could call this the GetDPI Forums 2009 Micro four thirds lens awards :p haha

Amin

Lumix 20 - the lens that prompted me to switch completely to µ4/3 :thumbs:.

vincechu

Lumix 20 - the lens that prompted me to switch completely to µ4/3 :thumbs:.
Hey Amin, don't think your vote went through, make sure you click the vote now button to confirm :)

I have to vote for the Panasonic 20mm too! I don't own one at the moment but hope to get one in the near future. From what i've seen on the forums, the images it produces are truly spectacular! :eek:

Diane B

The 20 f/1.7 for now--but I have the 45 f/2.8 coming next week thanks to Monza.

I use it for low light, creative DOF--all purpose. I've been carrying the 20 and a fast MF lens in range of 35-50. I like my little 17 f/2.8 also--had it all summer, but the 20 suits my style better overall.

I can't forget my MF lenses though--I've thoroughly enjoyed using them and will continue to---though they aren't specifically 'm4/3rds' lenses.

Diane

Terry

Ok, for me it is the 7-14mm:

This isn't my most used lens, it isn't an all around lens, it isn't fast or slow, it is just a blast to use creatively.

If the other lenses didn't exist, I probably wouldn't have bought into m4/3. We certainly held our collective breath for many months hoping the 20mm would live up to our expectations - which it has and will for sure win this poll but.....I'm still glad I jumped on the 7-14 as soon as it was available.

My current "basic" kit is
20mm
45mm macro
7-14mm
14-140mm

Teski

For now I have to say the 20 1.7, but I do love my 45 2.8, and am looking forward to eventually picking up the 7-14.

RichA

Hi everyone,

After making my other poll (Vote for your favourite micro four thirds camera), I thought it would be only natural to start a poll about the lenses available, so here it is.

Perhaps in you could also mention why you like it the most and what you mainly use it for?

Remember it's just for fun :thumbup:

*one vote per person please *

Guess you could call this the GetDPI Forums 2009 Micro four thirds lens awards :p haha
Honestly, my favorite would be the 7-14mm which I don't own yet but like a lot, but my most-used would likely always be the kit 14-45mm lens. But one lens that has provided me with a lot of use and good results is an adapted 25mm f1.4 Fuji CCTV lens. Outstandingly sharp at f5.6-8, and fast when needed, small, the perfect all round lens.

V

Vivek

Oly-D 17/2.8 in the AF lenses. This is the fastest focusing prime for the m4/3rds thusfar and easily converts to a 12.75mm lens with a Ricoh GW-1.

Besides all that, it allows for the closest focusing distance of all the AF lenses (barring the Panaleica 45mm lens).:thumbs:

The biggest charm of the m4/3rds is not the lenses made for them but the ability to use virtually any manual focus lenses on the cams. That list is endless.

Jonas

That one is easy; the Panasonic G20/1.7 is the only possible candidate. Any lens slower than f/2 is either crap or a complicated pin hole ;)

Y.B.Hudson III

a sad situation, when t' most popular lens (G20/1.7) on auto focussounds like a coffee grinder, and focuses like a wet dish sponge, when on manual focus :)

T

tripper

I am a little reluctant to commit at this time :rolleyes: I currently have the two kit lens the 45mm macro and the 20mm f/1.7 and no doubt the 20mm would win at this time but....... I am waiting on the 7-14mm (deposit paid) and the results seen here suggest this will be my choice. So I continue to sit on the fence, one of the few things I do really well.:)

tripper

kwalsh

I voted for the slightly odd-ball 7-14 because for me it is what made m43 replace my APS-C gear. What a lens! Yeah, it is too expensive new (fortunately I got a deal on a used one on E-bay combined with Bing Cashback) but this kind of lens in this size is just amazing. Truth is I love the 14-45 and 45-200 as well, but it was 7-14 that clinched m43 for me.

Ken

vincechu

I voted for the slightly odd-ball 7-14 because for me it is what made m43 replace my APS-C gear. What a lens! Yeah, it is too expensive new (fortunately I got a deal on a used one on E-bay combined with Bing Cashback) but this kind of lens in this size is just amazing. Truth is I love the 14-45 and 45-200 as well, but it was 7-14 that clinched m43 for me.

Ken
I am a little reluctant to commit at this time :rolleyes: I currently have the two kit lens the 45mm macro and the 20mm f/1.7 and no doubt the 20mm would win at this time but....... I am waiting on the 7-14mm (deposit paid) and the results seen here suggest this will be my choice. So I continue to sit on the fence, one of the few things I do really well.:)

tripper
I see where you're both coming from, I saw some images from the 7-14mm thread earlier and have to say the they were amazing! Its a shame that it has such an astronomical price, which stops many micro four thirds cameras owners from being able to own one, (you could probably get 3x20mms for that price!)

Now that I've seen what the 7-14mm is capable of, if i had a second chance to vote, i might actually vote for it, lol but i dont :( :p

arashm

another vote for the 20mm panny
as mentioned above it was also one of the main selling factors for picking up a GF1 + 20
I'm looking forward to the 14/2.8 and perhaps a fast 40-50 non macro in the future.
am

iiiNelson

7-14mm. I don't own it (YET) but it's the next big purchase on my camera "TO BUY" list. Of the stuff I do own I would say that 20mm has best optical quality. The 45mm is unique and excellent in it's own right. the 14-45mm kit lens is the most versative and a good all around lens to have for most situations.