The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M4/3 legacy lens tilt adapter

Michiel Schierbeek

In case you haven't seen this one yet:

http://www.adrianololli.com/articolo.asp?ID=3107

There is a video of it on the site as well as pictures. I know people have been interested in this (as am I).

Enjoy,

Doug
This looks like an interesting Tilt adapter. Looks so simple that one wonders why it took so long.
I tryed to have it translated by google. It seems you have to ( can) buy one for every mount. Could be nice in combination with the OM mount which are nice small lenses.
Would be nice if it were tested already by someone before spending € 145,--
BTW this article is not available at the moment.

Thanks for the link.
Michiel

V

Vivek

Looks nice. There is no information on the degree of tilt.

From the pics (and video) it seems small. This is consistent with the small space available for the adapter.

(I have a tilt mechanism that will do 360 deg turn and the tilt but the amount of tilt is restricted while using Nikon or Leica lenses for this reason.)

I am sure there will be others in the near future.

pellicle

fantastic ... Exactly the sort of thing I've been hoping for since my blog article on this topic some months ago.

I like the locking mechanism. I will likely be ordering one in the near future.

Diane B

Just looking at it, it seems to work like the Lensbaby Composer works--on a ball and socket more or less--but only tilts and isn't able to move freely in any direction. Of course, without the lens, but the idea is similar. Not being able to read it--is it for m4/3rds native lenses??--but assume then you could also add the adaptors we now use to use other lenses?? That would seem so.

I like my EF 45 f/2.8 TS on the m4/3rds, but its very large and heavy--and too long for me for many purposes (which, of course, this couldn't do since its tilt only).

Diane

photoSmart42

Not being able to read it--is it for m4/3rds native lenses??--but assume then you could also add the adaptors we now use to use other lenses??

Diane
Diane,

Here's more detail on that adapter: http://43rumors.com/tilt-lens-adapter-for-microfourthirds/. Seems it only fits Nikon, Pentax, Contax-Yashica (manual focus), Vite 42×1, Leica R, Contarex and Olympus OM lenses for now, which isn't bad, but hopefully they'll add more in the future.

Diane B

Diane,

Here's more detail on that adapter: http://43rumors.com/tilt-lens-adapter-for-microfourthirds/. Seems it only fits Nikon, Pentax, Contax-Yashica (manual focus), Vite 42×1, Leica R, Contarex and Olympus OM lenses for now, which isn't bad, but hopefully they'll add more in the future.
Thanks--so I see it is for 35mm lenses--makes sense with the tilt. The ball/socket works like the Lensbaby Composer--which works smoothly and is able to be locked. I would like that as opposed to my EF TS that is operated by a little screw handle on the side--up, down (you can rotate the lens though for other angles). The ball/socket makes it much more flexible. I'd love to see it for FDs--but I bet not. I may have to have one--and find a lens or 2 that suits me and will work with it.

Thanks for the link. I'm excited about it as my 45 TS may be one of my 2 favorite lenses for my 5D.

Diane

Last edited:

greypilgrim

I sprung for the Nikon version as those are my primary legacy lenses. Once I get it, I will let everyone know how it works out. A nice toy for the new year (but I'll have to wait that Composer for a while. :) ).

Doug

Diane B

:D
I sprung for the Nikon version as those are my primary legacy lenses. Once I get it, I will let everyone know how it works out. A nice toy for the new year (but I'll have to wait that Composer for a while. :) ).

Doug
Ah, you might not feel you need the Composer with the tilt adaptor :D Can't wait to see and hear your thoughts.

Daine