The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The 14-140mm image thread ;-)

vincechu

Hi everyone,

I received my Panasonic 14-140mm today (from Monza/Robert) and I totally love it.

I noticed that there isn't an image thread for it (probably because the lens is so expensive) so thought I'd start one :)

Thing is I haven't taken any photos to upload yet... :p So i better get shooting ;)

Hope everyone will enjoy the thread,

Vince

vincechu

Quick question before I go take some photos, has anyone else who has the lens noticed it makes a noise constantly? almost like a fan? I was wondering if this is normal, perhaps its the "silent" motor Panasonic use in it?

vincechu

Some quick photos of some orchids in the house :)

I would really appreciate any tips or comments as I'm a photography newbie ;)

When I look at the 2 photos, I think that my composition needs a bit of work and also I think I need to choose a better background to make them stand out? :confused:

I think this lense is slightly better than the 14-45 kit lens image quality wise

slau

I really like the 14-140 lens on my G1/GH1 and enjoy the freedom of carrying only one body-one lens. The G1/GH1 + 14-140 is the main reason why I bought into the M4/3 system. This lens is not as popular as the 14-45 or 45-200 among the M4/3 users, probably because of there are not not too many GH1 (and video) users among us. The 14-140 is one of the most versatile lenses for me, except for indoor shooting.

K

klythawk

Hi Vince.

Happy for you that you have received the 14-140. How long did it take in total, from ordering from Robert to receiving. Also was there any tax to pay, or was it sent as a gift.

John.

slau

Quick question before I go take some photos, has anyone else who has the lens noticed it makes a noise constantly? almost like a fan? I was wondering if this is normal, perhaps its the "silent" motor Panasonic use in it?
No. I have not noticed my 14-140 being 'noisy' at all. Actually it is quieter than any other M4/3 lenses I have, which makes sense as the built-in mic will pick up any noise when doing video, unless you use an external mic.

vincechu

I really like the 14-140 lens on my G1/GH1 and enjoy the freedom of carrying only one body-one lens. The G1/GH1 + 14-140 is the main reason why I bought into the M4/3 system. This lens is not as popular as the 14-45 or 45-200 among the M4/3 users, probably because of there are not not too many GH1 (and video) users among us. The 14-140 is one of the most versatile lenses for me, except for indoor shooting.

I'm totally blown away by every single one of these images, especially the picture of the owl (I love the colours) and the last one of the horse - must have been a difficult shot to get right.

You've really shown off the lenses capabilities :thumbs:

To Uwe and Steven, thanks for posting, I really like the composition of your both of your images - as I'm new to photography looking at you images have really inspired me and got me thinking about how to improve my composition. :thumbup:

ustein

Contributing Editor
Before I used the 14-140mm I was very much against these super zooms. Now I just use it without a second thought. At the pixel peeper level there maybe some issues but iis a mute point if you look at the pictures (e.g. in this thread).

A better lens would not help if you need to switch lenses to get the shot. Of course the software CA correction helps too.

Terry

I enjoy the lens and I don't get too hung up at the pixel level. My kit that I went out with today was G1 + GF1 20, 45, 7-14 and 14-140. I posted the shot on the the 4/3 thread but might as well add it here on the lens specific thread.

slau

The 10X zoom and the G1/GH1 give me so much fun in photography again. The package reminds me so much of my old Minolta Dimage 7 which served me well in 2001-2002. Both packages have similar features: small size/weight, 10X zoom & live view EVF.

Long reach of the 14-140 @140 is needed to isolate the features:

In the next instant, the 14 mm wide angle is needed:

Yes, it is one of my most used M4/3 lenses and also provides adequate image quality for most of my shooting. I will rate this lens as versatile and useful as my Canon 70-200IS.

B

boyzo

This lens is excellent and the range ideal, it also focuses quite close making it good for flowers .. flare is low and Bokeh good.

Last edited: