The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with (older) German lenses

Michiel Schierbeek

I could not find a thread with German lenses, so here it is. Sice I have quite a few, I might as well show some examples. It is an absolute mix of subjects.

Michiel

Isco-Göttingen Berolina-Westromat 35/2.8

Zeiss Biotar 58/2

Leica Elmarit 90/2.8

Leica Elmarit 135/2.8

Leica APO Telyt 180/3.4​

D

Doug Morgan

Wait a minute....you canta fool me....there is no santity clause --> the APO Telyt 180 is a Canadian lens.

I love mine, very sharp wide open, but I don't have any m43rds picture from it yet.

Doug

Winkel

Michiel,

I love the brave soul biking on the pond:thumbup: Are the top two photos wide-open?

Do you have any experience with Steinheil Munchen lenses? I've recently acquired an Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 135/2.8 and an Auto-Quinon 55/1.9 (both Exakta mounts). Just waiting for an adapter:)

Cheers!
Jim

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel,

I love the brave soul biking on the pond:thumbup: Are the top two photos wide-open?

Do you have any experience with Steinheil Munchen lenses? I've recently acquired an Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 135/2.8 and an Auto-Quinon 55/1.9 (both Exakta mounts). Just waiting for an adapter:)

Cheers!
Jim
Hi Jim,

Good to hear from you. Hope all is well. :)

Just came across the Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 135/2.8 the other day on the forum MFlenses. It was some peoples favoroute 135 mm lens. You can find nice examples on flickr etc. If you did not pay to much you want regret it. They are so solid and often have great bokeh. In general Steinheil lenses are better then Enna and Isco-Göttingen.
Post some examples if you have them.
All the best, Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel,

Cheers!
Jim
Forgot your other question. I think the top 2 are wide open. That Isco lens has a very strange bokeh. I like it a lot.
Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Wait a minute....you canta fool me....there is no santity clause --> the APO Telyt 180 is a Canadian lens.

I love mine, very sharp wide open, but I don't have any m43rds picture from it yet.

Doug
You are right they are manufactured in Canada, but they didn't design them though. :D This is a dubious case.

Michiel Schierbeek

Here are some more.

Michiel

Tele-Ennalyt 135/3.5

Meyer Orestor 100/2.8

Meyer Orestor 135/2.8

Meyer Orestor 200/4

Meyer Lydith 35/3.5

Meyer Orestor 300/4​

Winkel

Hi Jim,

Good to hear from you. Hope all is well. :)

Just came across the Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 135/2.8 the other day on the forum MFlenses. It was some peoples favoroute 135 mm lens. You can find nice examples on flickr etc. If you did not pay to much you want regret it. They are so solid and often have great bokeh. In general Steinheil lenses are better then Enna and Isco-Göttingen.
Post some examples if you have them.
All the best, Michiel
Hi Michiel,

All is well - Just waiting the baby to arrive as it's a few days overdue:)

The Steinheil lenses were pulled from your brother-in-law's closet and I was allowed to "borrow" them:thumbup: I had to perform an extensive cleaning of the front/rear elements and add a bit of grease to the focus rings so they feel and look better (though still not perfect). I'll do a little research at MFlenses - they sound very promising.

And, of course, I'll post some examples once the adapter arrives.

I hope all is well with you and your family:salute:

Regards,
Jim

Kilfitt Macro Kilar 90mm/2.8

Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50mm/2.0

Leitz Macro Elmarit 60mm/2.8

Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm/2.4

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Carl Zeiss Ultron 50mm/1.8[/FONT]

75mm/1.3 Kilfitt Zoomatar

Michiel Schierbeek

Hello Peter,
These are great. I especially like the Pancolour one. Very nice composition, colours and detail.
Did you use it reversed?
Always wanted to have one, but never got t it.

Kind regards, Michiel

Hello Peter,
These are great. I especially like the Pancolour one. Very nice composition, colours and detail.
Thank you Michiel.

Did you use it reversed?
It was useed in normal position.

Always wanted to have one, but never got t it.
I found it on German ebay, with an old Exa body. I was the only bidder and got it quite cheap. Probably nobody looked at the details of the offer. BTW, I saw again various today. Search for Pancolar on ebay.de . They seem to be very good values, but go for the older 2.0, they are better than the newer 1.8

Kind regards,
Peter

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Michiel inspired me to take my Leitz Summarex 85 f/1.5 and G1 with me on my morning walk today. My Summarex is 52 years old.

Jonas

The APO Telyt-R 180/3.4 is a great lens. It works better than most FF lenses together with our high pixel density sensors. (But I think I read somewhere it was developed in Canada, not only manufactured there...)

I love your busy harbour images Michiel.

regards,

/Jonas

Michiel Schierbeek

Cindy, always like your Summarex images. The OOF areas are so special. Must be great for portraits too.
Michiel

Thank you Jonas, I hope you don't mind I will not start a Canadian lens thread, because I don't own any other. :D
Greetings, Michiel

Winkel

A few shots from my Zeiss Planar 85/1.4 T* (likely stopped down to F2) and Zeiss S-Planar 60/2.8 Makro T* (wide open). The 85mm is a bit soft wide open but sharpens nicely at F2. The 60mm Makro is beautiful throughout.

Enjoy,
Jim

Michiel Schierbeek

A few shots from my Zeiss Planar 85/1.4 T* (likely stopped down to F2) and Zeiss S-Planar 60/2.8 Makro T* (wide open). The 85mm is a bit soft wide open but sharpens nicely at F2. The 60mm Makro is beautiful throughout.

Enjoy,
Jim
Nice ones Jim.
Who is that beautifull lady? :D
Send me a mail, you know when.

Michiel