The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

12mm vs 15mm Heliar on MFT?

Mike Woods

Not sure whether anyone has, or has used, both of these lenses on MFT (E-P1) but please chime in with any observations.

I've read that anything below 35-50mm with adapted lenses on MFT shows corner weakness?

Regards

Mike

Jonas

I have seen images taken with the Voigtländer 12mm Ultra Wide-Heliar Aspherical and they looked surprisingly good.

15mm sounds like the wide end of any cheap kit lens. 12mm sounds like something in the comfort zone of the ZD9-18, or the future M.ZD9-18, if not the Panasonic 7-14. Hmm.

In general adapted wide lenses cause some, or bad, corner/border smearing. Not all of the though. The 12mm Heliar seem to work fine. If the lens is the right lens is impossible to comment on. Manual, or automatic, zone focusing or the fiddling with the µ4/3 lenses. Second hand value? You've probably thought of al that. My choice, in the end, was to buy the ZD9-18 while waiting for a native lens covering the focal lengths.

Good luck,

/Jonas

Mike Woods

Jonas,

Thank you for the link. Those examples of the 12mm look very good, and the supporting comments are very favourable.

Maybe I need to try one out, but we all know that kind of thing is just fatal :ROTFL:

Mike