The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus-Pen 20mm f/3.5?

Is anyone using this lens on m4/3? The Pana 20/1.7 would seem to have made it obsolete, but I find myself using other cameras for street photography, as there's no distance scale on the 20/1.7. If you have any photos taken with it on an m4/3 camera, please post them.

And while I'm at it, what's the best among the Pen-F-to-m4/3 adapters? My RJ one works fine, but it's very slightly wobbly on the mount. I find myself using these lenses enough on m4/3 that I'd like a more solid adapter.

Jonas

(I've never tried the Pen 20mm lens.)
Like you I have an RJ Pen->µ4/3 adapter. It is absolutely fine. I suggest you mail RJ and have it exchanged. A wobbly adapter is irritating, I guess something bad happened to your one during manufacturing.

V

Vivek

I am still looking for one. My budget is ~$175-200 for one (clean glass, cosmetics do not matter).

monza

Not really, for a nice copy. It's a collector lens, so the entry is higher, but then again when it's selling time you get it all back.

Jonas

Hmm. Honestly I've waited too long to justify asking for an exchange...I just didn't expect to like using these lenses so much.
That was unfortunate. And yes, the Pen lenses are easy to like.

That right there's the problem--they're easy enough to find if you can raise the budget to $300. But that seems a little bit pricey to me.
I have started seeing lens prices (buy-sell) as rental fees. I lose on some, get a decent ratio on some and a few even made me some money cover the shipping for a couple of other ones... I mean, finding a good copy and using it for a couple of thousands or so of exposures and then net a "loss" of USD 50-100 in the worst case isn't too bad.

imho,

/Jonas

photoSmart42

I have started seeing lens prices (buy-sell) as rental fees. I lose on some, get a decent ratio on some and a few even made me some money cover the shipping for a couple of other ones... I mean, finding a good copy and using it for a couple of thousands or so of exposures and then net a "loss" of USD 50-100 in the worst case isn't too bad.
Same here. That's especially true with some of the older lenses that don't really lose their value much (or sometimes go up). For the most part I've gotten some really good deals on the lenses I bought the past few months, so I'm pretty sure I can recover most of that cost if I decide to sell them and get something else.