The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF1 Shoots Willie Nelson

M

matmcdermott

I love my M camera, but I'm increasingly wondering whether m4/3 isn't hitting the sweet spot.
I'm wondering the same thing. The M images have a bit more something to them, and a bit more latitude in RAW files, but it's pretty amazing how well m4/3 (at least in the GF1 I have) holds up.

Jim,

Congrats on shooting a show with the GF1! Concert photography is my speciality so it was nice to see some music related posts here.

Now I'm gonna have to drag the GF1 to one of my next shows as a second shooter (behind the 5D).

via Austin,
Chad
www.showperformance.com

Chad...

Jim,

Congrats on shooting a show with the GF1! Concert photography is my speciality so it was nice to see some music related posts here.

Now I'm gonna have to drag the GF1 to one of my next shows as a second shooter (behind the 5D).

via Austin,
Chad
www.showperformance.com
I have no doubt I could do much better than this with the GF1. This was my very first time to use the camera under concert conditions and I learned a lot from doing so.

I turned down front row seats because I would not have been able to shoot the stage but rather up Willie's nose. I think I'll use a monopod next time and hope that I can shoot in color.

The EVF arrived today and it would have been a tremendous help during the concert. Can't wait to give that a try.

B

boyzo

Happy New Year, Jono.
I could not have done better with an M on this because of the manual focus issue alone. Faster glass might have helped but in the long run I would have wasted way too much time focusing an M.

I think MFT has the potential to be something very special. I am so surprised that Leica did not take the opportunity to develop their own MFT offering. I believe they missed a golden opportunity.

I expected Dlux versions of the G1 and especially the GF1 this is a usual follow on.

The X1, no matter how big that sensor is, is just too little, too late, too expensive.

It would appear Leica have rejected m4/3 and prefer APS and upward

I see Canon and Nikon watching all of this with interest and would even venture to suggest they have models in the works. I think the G11 has just about reached the end of its life/development... they need to move to MFT.
I would say Canon and Nikon will head the APS way for mirror-less .. they already have APS digital lenses ... certainly mirror-less APS can be smaller if they head that way also Ricoh and Samsung have gone the APS path.
So too probably Sony and Pentax.

They can sell to the public the advantage of APS ie resolution / high ISO low noise etc .. also some newer DSLR's are quite small lenses included, the public would probably embrace APS mirror-less.

I would say Oly/Pany will be alone with the m4/3 format .. lets not rule out Panasonic would come out with an APS design they build the complete camera's and have some of the most sophisticated electronic facilities not to mention lens manufacturing

B

boyzo

Jim
For OOC and Jpeg with PP these are great in terms of image quality am sure Willy would approve.
I shows what Jpeg with PP can do.... nice work they kinda pop with life. :):clap: