The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A winter afternoon walk (Cine Nikkor 1.8 50mm + Lumix GH1)

Jonas

Why would that be ridiculous?
Because it is kinda off topic and something you threw in there in a try making me look stupid, or by all means, ridiculous. That's how I read it as I couldn't imagine it was a serious question.

Are you saying it was serious, something you really wanted my opinion on as it would be an important part of a discussion on how to present a lens?

Yeah, yellow snow ought to be avoided at all costs. ;)
Yup, at least something we can agree on.

Jonas

Jonas, perhaps my post wasn't very clear, but I've said my piece on this topic.
OK. No, it wasn't very clear. I'm sorry there wasn't anything in my reply to Klaus you could agree with.

I understand your wish to stay out of all this, it seems to be complicated and including ambiguous posts (I hope I use the right word, I mean something written because of several reasons).

kds315

hmm, the difference between "armchair quarterbacks" and "doers" is, that the latter do something and sure, they make mistakes or present maybe not perfect results (whatever that may be). The consequence is simply to keep results for oneself and not having to go through that kind of meaningless discussion - except having the last word, maybe, if that is what someone "needs". I second Amin, simply, but 'nuff said on this now.

Jonas

hmm, the difference between "armchair quarterbacks" and "doers" is, that the latter do something and sure, they make mistakes or present maybe not perfect results (whatever that may be).
Hi,

Hinting I am the armchair sort? Lol. Anyone knowing me from a couple of other forums knows I have posted several crappy to medium quality lens reviews through the years.

I have good and bad critique for them and I have tried to improve.

There is of course no perfect result.

The consequence is simply to keep results for oneself and not having to go through that kind of meaningless discussion - except having the last word, maybe, if that is what someone "needs". I second Amin, simply, but 'nuff said on this now.
So, when I told you I found the colors to be off the result is that you will stop posting? Hmm. I stepped on a tender foot or something? And meaningless?

Klaus, an apology is not enough for you? Do you have to post an insinuation (and an incorrect one to that) about my personality and then end it all with a "'nuff said".

I admitted I used a too strong word in my first reply and I'm, again, sorry to see you got so hurt.

Anyway, feel free to do whatever with this, you can have the last word or just drop it.

/Jonas