The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 viewfinder in low light

pellicle

Re: G1 viewfinder in low temperatures

It's not the low light - it's the low temperature.
Next time take a spare battery
well since the battery indicator was showing nearly full I'll have to get my wife to knit a nice wooly jumper for the poor camera, can't have it getting a flu out in the cold.

(achoo)

but to be serious for a minute, behaviour is same indoors now at +20C

Diane B

Now I do wonder about firmware version. On my G1 or GF1, the MF assist green block moves reasonaly quickly.

I just tried it on my G1 with the 45 f/2.8 in AF but with magnified by touching focus ring while holding down shutter button. Moved quite quickly actually--and this is in quite low light. I put the FD 28 f/2.0 and used MF assist--and it was the same. Temp here in my work space is probably about 68-70 degrees farenheit. My firmware is 1.4 on G1--and correct one for 45 f/2.8. Oh, and battery is at 2/3.

Diane