The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CZJ Tevidon versus Fujinon CCTV

RichA

CZJ Tevidon 25mm f1.4 versus Fujinon CCTV 25mm f1.4. Both lenses at f1.4.
Interesting differences in colour, distortion.

Fujinon:

CZJ Tevidon:

photoSmart42

Sure it's not the same picture duplicated? =) They look identical to my un-trained eye. Same manufacturer, different brand perhaps?

V

Vivek

They are from two different lenses but there are no "obvious" differences wrt to color and distortion.

The only thing that appears to differentiate the two are the shape of the OOF highlights on the Olympus lens.

Amin

Looking at the close edge of the table, the CZJ shows more barrel distortion. The CZJ bokeh also looks smoother to me (disregarding the OOF highlights).

apicius9

Looking at the close edge of the table, the CZJ shows more barrel distortion. The CZJ bokeh also looks smoother to me (disregarding the OOF highlights).
Interesting, thanks for the comparison. I also thought the difference was minimal, maybe even slightly in favor of the Fujinon IMHO. Is that the Fujinon lens that needs a bit of machining to fit the adapter? I think I have that somewhere...

Stefan

RichA

Interesting, thanks for the comparison. I also thought the difference was minimal, maybe even slightly in favor of the Fujinon IMHO. Is that the Fujinon lens that needs a bit of machining to fit the adapter? I think I have that somewhere...

Stefan
At 100%, the Fujinon shows higher resolution, likely due to lack of coma. Both of them need some machining/adapting to reach infinity focus.

Last edited:
M

MelanieC

Which Fujinon is that? I have a 25mm/1.4 Fujinon CCTV lens, but it vignettes so heavily that I have to shoot in square.

RichA

Which Fujinon is that? I have a 25mm/1.4 Fujinon CCTV lens, but it vignettes so heavily that I have to shoot in square.
It's the one you've got, and there is some vignetting, but it isn't hard (complete cutoff, like with say the Cosmicar 12.5mm f1.4) and is mostly acceptable at f5.6 or narrower. The shots I posted were done at f1.4 for both lenses.

V

Vivek

Which one have you got? There is more than one Fujinon-TV 25/1.4 lens in c-mount.

One does not vignette to the extent you say it does and that one is-

Fujinon-TV CF25B 25mm f/1.4.

M

MelanieC

Here's what mine does at 1.4:

It looks more extreme than your copy, or maybe I'm seeing things. Mine is model HF25HA. I really like it, especially for a sub-$75 lens.

V

Vivek

Melanie, The HF HA would do what the CB does not.

BTW, the HF HA is a "mega pixel" class lens from Fujinon. The CB is an older, run of the mill (ie not "megapixel")
variety. ;)

M

MelanieC

Hi Vivek, I'm afraid I need a translation. What does the CB do exactly? And is Rich's Fujinon the CB variety? I like to shoot in square so losing the corners doesn't bother me.

M

MelanieC

Ah, OK. Sorry, I didn't see your reply right above mine. Thanks for the info. At least I didn't have to file mine down to make it fit!

E

eugenecctan

Which one have you got? There is more than one Fujinon-TV 25/1.4 lens in c-mount.

One does not vignette to the extent you say it does and that one is-

Fujinon-TV CF25B 25mm f/1.4.
I have Fujinon-TV CF25B 25mm f/1.4 and I bought this adapter ->
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...44394&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2179wt_1200
With 37.2 MM max inner diameter.

My camera cannot focus to infinite, Is there any adapter that I can use with this lens without modification?

E

eugenecctan

Any c-mount adapter that suitable for Fujinon-TV CF25B 25mm f/1.4 lens without modification needed?

RichA

Ah, OK. Sorry, I didn't see your reply right above mine. Thanks for the info. At least I didn't have to file mine down to make it fit!
Soft (shading) vignetting is not so bad, and can even be compensated for. But hard vignetting (where the image is literally cut-off) is insurmountable.

RichA

Any c-mount adapter that suitable for Fujinon-TV CF25B 25mm f/1.4 lens without modification needed?
For mine, I had to remove the rear retaining ring to get it to seat in the adapter for infinity focus. Since the retaining ring holds the aperture ring on the lens, I replaced the wide retaining ring with a narrower plastic ring that I cemented on the edge of the metal c-mount. This holds the aperture ring, but allows it to turn smoothly.
Cutting the plastic ring (I did it out of an old plastic film cannister) isn't critical since the metal c-mount provides the rim that bottoms out on the adapter. For a fancier set-up, a metal ring with set screws and a teflon or nylon washer would allow the same thing.