The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic 7-14

esy0345

7-14 mm is great lens especially for indoor room pictures. The Leica 25mm D Summilux and Noctilux with adapters are what I use most.

Leica 77

GF1 + Panasonic 7-14mm. The lens is super sharp and relatively compact. It is a nice companion to the 20mm F1.7 pancake.

cap'n bill

Well I have bought, used and sold one. Even made a minute profit.

It's a decent lens, quality of results is good but not spectacular. I'm not sure how much the quality is due to the lens and how much to the in camera processing but the two work seamlessly so it doesn't matter much.

I sold it because it was a sizeable chunk of the cost of my second camera system system cost and was too short for general use - the 9-18 range would suit me better and I have 12mm and 15mm primes in my main system for ultra wide work.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Looks like mine is on it's way along with a new GF1 IR setup plus a 20mm. We are going to do a workshop on IR soon. Stay tuned

greypilgrim

Yes,
This lens definitely opens some possibilities. People thought I was crazy being so close to the glass of the tank with this shot this weekend.

Doug

toobacat

I really want this lens, but it kind of scares me that you can't put a protective filter on it. What was the reason for no filter threads?

cap'n bill

Bulging front lens element and risk of vignetting probably. The inbuilt lens 'hood' (more a sunshade) gives a little bit of protection.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Anyone want mine been thinking of selling it for a new Monitor a NEC and selling my 30 inch Cinema display as well. i have a buying itch that is just killing me. LOL

I need to hit a button. LOL