The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic 7-14

Leica 77

Leica77,

Beautiful work with the 7-14. I love the abstract feel of the store window shot.

Best regards,
Carl
Hi Carl,
Thanks so much for your positive comments. I have enjoyed your series on Hawaii -- especially the IR images! All the best to you. :)

biglouis

Very interested in this lens but I am wondering whether I should wait for the 14/2.8 due out in the summer. Yes, it won't be as wide but it will be a 28mm equivalent, faster and hopefully less expensive.

Of course, all things being equal I'd rather have both!

LouisB

Leica 77

Very interested in this lens but I am wondering whether I should wait for the 14/2.8 due out in the summer. Yes, it won't be as wide but it will be a 28mm equivalent, faster and hopefully less expensive.
Of course, all things being equal I'd rather have both!
LouisB
Hi Louis,
Visiting the website for one of your newest books, Walk to Work, published in 2009 was very enjoyable. Perhaps, the primary reason I really enjoy using the Panasonic 7-14mm lens is the sense of satisfaction I get when I see clear and crisp images produced by it. It is a similar feeling to what I experienced in using my Leica Elmarit-M 21mm wide angle lens that I used on M6, M3, and M2 bodies. Since you are a Leica user, I thought you might be able to relate to what I mean. All the best. :)

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Hi Louis,
Visiting the website for one of your newest books, Walk to Work, published in 2009 was very enjoyable. Perhaps, the primary reason I really enjoy using the Panasonic 7-14mm lens is the sense of satisfaction I get when I see clear and crisp images produced by it. It is a similar feeling to what I experienced in using my Leica Elmarit-M 21mm wide angle lens that I used on M6, M3, and M2 bodies. Since you are a Leica user, I thought you might be able to relate to what I mean. All the best. :)
:thumbs: Louis, I looked through your excellent "walking to work" photos and enjoyed them. I totally agree with Leica77's assessment of this lens and I'm sure it would be a great addition to your kit. I don't find the lack of speed a hindrance in the use of an UWA.

Last edited:

biglouis

Cindy and Leica77, thank you very much for the kind words about my book and photographs. I did own the Leica 16-18-21 WATE until recently but decided it was too much money tied up in one lens. You can appreciate how a similar lens at approximately 30% the price of the WATE is very tempting. I know it is not 30% of the quality because I tested one a few weeks back and was very impressed. Definitely on my acquisition list but it will have to wait a little while.

LouisB

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you Carl and Leica77. Carl, I couldn't agree with you more about this wonderful lens and Charleston. I had my M8 and my Mamiya 7 along on my walk around Charleston and they didn't get much love.