The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic 7-14

RonSmith

Thanks Leica and Louis! I saw ... and appreciate ... your comment on Flickr.

Dan, is that a helicopter pad on the front of that ship?

seakayaker

Ron and Dan - excellent collection of images.

Ron, I did comment on one of your mall shots in the Flickr group for the 7-14.

Dan - what a weird ship. Is that a submarine that they are building next to it?

LouisB
Louis, what you are looking at is a bottom section of a new boat that will be located mid-ship running to the stern. You can see in the picture below a tug boat that is being built next to the Cade Candies. The shafts that run from the power plant that turn the screws fit into the assemblies shown and the prop is then attached.

New Tug Boat in Yard

GF1 with Lumix G Vario 7 - 14mm f4 -- ISO 100 -- f8 -- 1/400 -- 14mm

If you are interested in the S/V Cade Candies more information can be found here: http://www.ottocandies.com/us_fleet_imr.html

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

biglouis

Thanks for the info. Interesting link

LouisB

Louis, what you are looking at is a bottom section of a new boat that will be located mid-ship running to the stern. You can see in the picture below a tug boat that is being built next to the Cade Candies. The shafts that run from the power plant that turn the screws fit into the assemblies shown and the prop is then attached.

New Tug Boat in Yard

GF1 with Lumix G Vario 7 - 14mm f4 -- ISO 100 -- f8 -- 1/400 -- 14mm

If you are interested in the S/V Cade Candies more information can be found here: http://www.ottocandies.com/us_fleet_imr.html

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

biglouis

Richie

#1 I'm not too sure about but #2 is an absolute corker. The sky, the sand and the this strip of beach huts really make this a dramatic and interesting picture.

Louis

R

richie15

Richie

#1 I'm not too sure about but #2 is an absolute corker. The sky, the sand and the this strip of beach huts really make this a dramatic and interesting picture.

Louis
Thanks Louis

I have messes with 1 again, is this any better?

biglouis

Richie, yes the revised version 1 is very good. I like that you range of colours in the huts which you can now see much more clearly. Well done!

LouisB

biglouis

Crossing Brick Lane

Early morning shot - 9mm as opposed to widest setting - less distortion although I did apply a little perspective correction in CS3. This is also iso100 and f8.0. Man, the sharpness and detail of this lens is nothing short of amazing.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just to keep the thread going... Not the greatest image, but it was taken at 7mm ;)

G

gglimer

New at everything...this forum, the lens, the camera and photography. But enjoying this lens.

"Old can be taller than new!" Downtown SFO with E-P2 with 7-14mm

seakayaker

New at everything...this forum, the lens, the camera and photography. But enjoying this lens.

"Old can be taller than new!" Downtown SFO with E-P2 with 7-14mm

Welcome!

A Great Shot!

. . . . . keep 'em coming . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Louis, very cool too. What kind of processing treatment did you give that image? (I ask because it looks slightly tone-mapped, but without all the telltale halos normal tone-mapping applies.)

biglouis

Louis, very cool too. What kind of processing treatment did you give that image? (I ask because it looks slightly tone-mapped, but without all the telltale halos normal tone-mapping applies.)
Jack

I sometimes use lab space in CS3 to boost colours which I did in this case.

However, I should add that the latest version of Lightroom, which I also use, has much better control over boosting light and shadow and overall saturation, so that was also part of the processing.

Ron

Excellent perspective on that WWII bomber

LouisB