The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic 7-14

Annna T

Anna

Stunning double rainbow shot. Like you, I do not use my 7-14 often but having bought it I forget about what it is worth and just enjoy using it when the occasion suits. The first is worthy of a magazine shot, imho.

LouisB
Louis,
Thanks for the kind comment, but I'm not sure it is entirely deserved. The first picture in particular could take some more adjustments both for tone and color. May be that an Olympus body would have produced better results. The scene was soaked in a soft yellow light, but this turned out in a bad yellow cast with the Panasonic which isn't easy to correct. I have to work more on it.

Knorp

New to the 7-14 and eager to give it a try, I visited a new part of Amsterdam with floating houses (IJburg).

Knorp

Hi there Ron,

lovely landscapes and I particularly like the colours and tones in that gallery/roofed/pavillion (?) bridge shot.
Isn't it great to have both 100-300 and 7-14 ? Such sweet lenses !
:)

Kind regards.

Last edited:

DHart

Bart and Ron... awesome images, guys. I'm looking forward to getting out with my 7-14 before too long... I hope. Waay busy with portraits at the moment, though.

biglouis

More nice autumn captures, Ron, although I think the second one might work better as b&w due to the largely flat sky.

biglouis

Ron

You are definitely on a roll at the moment with these landscape shots. You sold me on getting 25/1.4 with the ones in that thread. Fortunately, I already own the 7-14!

Lovely work.

Louis

RonSmith

Fortunately, I already own the 7-14!

Thank you so much, Louis. I'm trying to get in as much hiking and landscape work as possible before our Michigan winter sets in.

I saw somewhere that you were considering selling the 7-14 for the Oly 12. I'm sure the 12 is lovely, but I'll never get rid of my 7-14.