The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic 7-14

CPWarner

The 7-14 is truly an awesome lens. I just got a 24x30 print of this image of Sand Dune Arch in a metallic print from Bay Photo. Taken with a GH2 using the 7-14mm at 8mm f11. It definitely holds up to that size with remarkable detail. I also picked up a copy of the 12mm and am going to evaluate it in comparison to the 7-14mm. I am looking at the 12mm to be part of a light weight prime kit of the 12mm, 25mm and 45mm for business trips. This image is only possible with the 7-14mm as you need to get to 8mm to get the wall on the right to be this prominent.

Cliff

Last edited:

biglouis

Cliff, a "wow" shot with fantastic colours and shapes. I've always been a tad disappointed with the 7-14 at the wide end but it may be because I fail to stop down far enough. I'll be really interested to hear of your thoughts on the 12mm. I've been toying with the idea of selling my 7-14 and buying the 11mm so (like you) I can have a lightweight 12, 25, 45 kit.

Mind you with the prospect of a fast, constant 12-35 on the horizon from panasonic I may just hold off on that for a while...

les

Glenn,
Nice shots.
It's been a while, haven't been in Glesga since it was gentrified - the second one, is that the former Royal Bank in Buchanan St?

Glenn

Glenn,
Nice shots.
It's been a while, haven't been in Glesga since it was gentrified - the second one, is that the former Royal Bank in Buchanan St?
Hi Les, glad you like the photos. Yes the building is the former RBS, latterly Borders bookshop and now empty.

I've been working on a book about the tombs of New Orleans for the last couple of years, an on and off project for me. I was in New Orleans for Mardi Gras last week and took the opportunity to visit more of the tombs in the graveyards there. I first rand into a shot of this tomb sculpture in a fine art photography gallery in the French Quarter. The owner gave me general directions to the tomb but warned me that the tomb was no longer accessible to the public, that it is now locked.

I made my way to the cemetery and found the tomb and as the owner of the gallery said, the tomb was locked. As it turns out the tomb has two blue stained glass windows. One of them happened to be open allowing me to use the GH2 with the 7-14mm. By using the articulated LCD I was able to frame the shot below. Most of the shots in the gallery were head on shots of the sculpture.. Understand that this is a very compact space and no other lens I had with me would have done it justice. Panasonic GH2 w 7-14mm lens - f/4.5 ISO 160 1/80s

And no... I ain't afraid of no ghost..

ReeRay

Nice Jim, very evocative. Despite the constraints you were faced with (locked doors) the angle has worked out very nicely, arguably better than a head on shot.

A

Ante_CRO

Some really nice and sharp photos here! That Lumix 7-14mm is awesome and I like to have one, but here in Croatia it's so much expensive, 10.000 kn or 1.750$! Just TO much! Cry. But yes, as Knorp said, 100-300 and 7-14, a "musthave" lenses in bag!

Since this was a shot with the 7-14 I thought I would post it here as well as in the fun with thread....

I took this shot yesterday at sundown along a highway in Texas. I was using the GH2 and the 7-14mm, ISO 200 1/60s f/4.5. A friend and I had photographed this old diner earlier in the day but decided to come back at sundown to see how the sun would paint it and the sky. Waiting for the light.. something every photographer should learn to do. This is probably the best shot I have to date from the GH2.