The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New EP2 Owner

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I did it today, after weeks and months of investigations, surfing different forums and multiple threads about M43, I went into my photo store in Vienna today and had a look at the EP2 with kit zoom lens and EVF. After playing with it some 30 minutes and trying the menus as well as the EVF, I knew this would be the M43 camera for me and bought it, actually for a pretty good price here in Europe :D

I love this EVF, I do not know why, but I find it so much better than the EVF of the G1 and GH1 respectively. I also became quite fast friend with the menus - somehow different than Panasonic, but not worse, maybe even a bit more clear for my way of thinking.

First shots inside my office with really low light worked pretty well, shooting in RAW so far and up till ISO 1000 the results are very good in my opinion - without any noise removal turned on.

AF speed and accuracy is ok for me, I do not expect more from such a camera and lens and I was told it will even get better with the 1.7/20, which I will buy next pretty soon.

Will post some images over the next weeks, as soon as I get a bit more out into the field and produce more interesting shots ;)

Overall I am very happy that I finally moved into M43, for me this is the ideal companion to my H3D MF system and I am not sure if I really will use my A900 too often in the future :rolleyes:

I already ordered a Leica M to M43 adapter so I can start using my M lens collection on this camera, especially I am looking for how good the 1.4/50 ASPH and the 2/70 APO will work :cool:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
After more than 2 weeks of use I am VERY HAPPY with the EP2 and the 14-42 and 17.

Colors out of the camera are just right, exposure just right, handling perfect, AF fast (enough for me) and the weight of all this is just an unmeasurable add on. ;)

This is for sure my everyday camera (system) for pretty long time to come :cool:

Enjoy ....

lattiboy

Very nice shots! I'm thinking of getting the 14-42mm or the 14-45mm. The 14-45mm is better by all accounts, but it's $300-ish online.

C

chefboyarlee

I really couldn't decide between the GF1 and the E-P2, so I bought both to compare. I'm excited about trying out both kit lenses as well. I'm really hoping for the e-p2 to sweep both. I love the idea of IBIS, a nice evf and a really small travel kit lens. Then down the road the 20/1.7 and the 7-14 could both be stabilized. Next week can't come soon enough.

retow

EP2 with Macro Elmar 90mm, 2nd one is f4, iso 1600, excellent EVF and IBIS make using MF lenses a joy. The ME is one sharp lens.

Last edited: