The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF1 updated to camera firmware 1.1, battery block?

B

Billy

Hi, just joined. I bought a GF1 a couple of weeks ago, very pleased with it so far.
I checked the firmare version and found it was version 1.0 for the camera. I eventualy found the latest update for the camera which was version 1.2 which I downloaded and updated my camera with. Since then I thought I'd buy a spare battery, Panasonic £50-60!!!! so while searching for alternatives i found talk of Panasonic including non oem battry blocking in thier firmare updates. Could anyone tell me if the GF1 is infected with batterybollocked 1.1
Firmware? If so how do I undo back to version 1? I've searched and searched
but can't find anything re this camera and firm ware updates. Help, thanks.

Audii-Dudii

If there exists a version of GF-1 firmware that allows the use of non-OEM batteries -- OEM, hacked, or otherwise -- then I am not aware of it. Sorry...

J

jerryk

I have a 3rd party battery I got on eBay and it continues to work fine after I upgraded the firmware.

B

Billy

Hi, just joined. I bought a GF1 a couple of weeks ago, very pleased with it so far.
I checked the firmare version and found it was version 1.0 for the camera. I eventualy found the latest update for the camera which was version 1.2 which I downloaded and updated my camera with. Since then I thought I'd buy a spare battery, Panasonic £50-60!!!! so while searching for alternatives i found talk of Panasonic including non oem battery blocking in thier firmare updates. Could anyone tell me if the GF1 is infected with batterybollocked 1.1
Firmware? If so how do I undo back to version 1? I've searched and searched
but can't find anything re this camera and firm ware updates. Help, thanks.
Thank you for your replies. I've just returned from buying a case for GF1. While at the shop which also supplies batteries for non oem everything I asked about a battery for my camera. The guy who is very knowledgeable about batteries told me he's expecting a delivery of the Energizer version of DMW-BLB13E Which will definitely work with the current firmware upgrade/downgrade 1.1 for the body and will cost between £10-20. Please message me for the address. Lesson...Do not upgrade your GF1 until you know exactly what the details of the upgrade are!