The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New GF1 member checking in... having fun with this lil bugger!

DHart

Some snaps with the new image making toy. This little camera is rekindling my passion for the photography hobby. I have the 14-45 and the 20. These were with the 14-45. I'm goin' crazy with the itch for the 7-14.... oh man, can't wait, but $1000+... OUCH!

This old truck lives on my property... the patina gets richer with each passing year. Think it's time for a wash? Can't bring myself to do it. ;-)

I ride my Harley through this area of the Columbia River Gorge dozens of times a year as it's practically in my back yard and I never tire of the scenery nor the pleasure of the ride. I've never seen the Columbia so glass-smooth as it was this day... almost looks like a lake! Really amazing.

Riding the Harley home from the gorge I spotted the light from the setting sun hitting the steam from this paper mill... just had to turn around and stop for a quick last-shot with the GF1. Nice little camera.

I spent a couple of days in Colorado Springs a couple of weeks ago. Almost summer-like conditions at the time (MID JANUARY!). Wonderful conditions for testing out the new GF1. Just wished I'd had the Harley with me, but they wouldn't let me bring it on the plane! ;-) Dang.

Here's another old, classic beauty retired on my property... no shortage of patina on this truck either!

Last edited:
Don't you just hate those new airline rules? Why, I remember when you could bring a truck, let alone a Harley on the plane...:)

Those are all very nice shots. I'm jealous of the automotive subjects you have at your home. Here in suburban Northern Virginia, I'm a half-hour from anything other than strip malls and townhouses. But, that half-hour gets me to some pretty good places.

Thanks for sharing!

Reed

DHart

Reed... no problem with that half-hour drive of yours... just do it on a Harley and you'll wish it was an HOUR and a half! ;-) (If the weather's decent.)

Hey, I know you've got great stuff there in Virginia... you're just a fluffin'!

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Nice stuff.....
I am an EP1 user but we share the Harley experience together.
The plane, I just strap mine on the tail......
welcome aboard...no pun intended, maybe I'll see ya in the road bro'.
shooter

Great shots.

And I also like the presentation. The frame, the shadow and the text.

Anything you'd care to share?

Tony
London UK

DHart

Thank you for the compliments, all!

Tony... for me, after capture, post processing is essential to bring any image to maximum potential. I use Lightroom is for the vast majority of my image development. It is a phenomenal application. Then I finish off in Photoshop for a tweak or two (if needed) and framing. Images 2, 3, and 6 were developed from multiple exposures in Photomatix Pro for high dynamic range.

DHart,

Thank you - but you missed the essence of my question.

"the presentation. The frame, the shadow and the text."

Are you telling me that Photoshop gives you that black frame with the inner shadow and gives you text in those different fonts?

Tony

DHart

DHart,

Thank you - but you missed the essence of my question.

"the presentation. The frame, the shadow and the text."

Are you telling me that Photoshop gives you that black frame with the inner shadow and gives you text in those different fonts?

Tony
Oh... sorry. Yes, in PS I created a wide black border on the outer edge of the mat for the frame with a bit of an inner drop shadow. Then within that a fine black border into which to drop the images. Yes, that's done in Photoshop, as well as the text.

D

duckrider

WOW!
Your pics are a pleasure to see!
Region You live and ride also;)

Very kind greetings from Germany
Thomas (alreday 7-14mm owner for two days, bye it, it's worth the money!)

DHart

WOW!
Your pics are a pleasure to see!
Region You live and ride also;)

Very kind greetings from Germany
Thomas (alreday 7-14mm owner for two days, bye it, it's worth the money!)
duckrider... thank you; glad you appreciate them.

I am so envious of you with your new 7-14mm. Funds are tight for me at present, but I want that lens SO! I just need to get busy selling some of the equipment I have that I never use, so as to get new equipment that I will use! ;)

D

duckrider

I just need to get busy selling some of the equipment I have that I never use, so as to get new equipment that I will use! ;)
Yepp, we seem to be brothers in mind:thumbs: and companions in misfortune:cry:

good time
Thomas

DHart

good time to you too, my friend! Looking forward to seeing some pics from that cool 7-14 of yours! :thumbup:

Don