The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Coney Island, Brooklyn

swandy

All taken with EP2 and 14-42 zoom. (Planned on taking a few older legacy lenses but the temp was going to be a bit chilly by the time I got there, so figured I would just take the kit zoom. Also planned on getting to the boardwalk for sunset, but the wind chill by the beach was about 10 degrees - not for my older bones.)
All using various Art Filters, straight out of camera, resized for posting. (Only the square shot of Wonder Wheel was cropped.)
Comments welcome,
Steve.
swandy

helenhill

this was taken Nov 2009 Thanksgiving Weekend
'Dance of the Polar Bears' ...M4 50 pre asph lux

please click on Image to make bigger

swandy

Thanks Helen.
When was that first picture taken - since most of those booths/games are unfortunately no longer there. Brings back memories.
Steve

JCT

Thanks Helen.
When was that first picture taken - since most of those booths/games are unfortunately no longer there. Brings back memories.
Steve
I was wondering the same thing-- I moved to NYC in 1984 from California and my future husband used to take me there all the time (and then over to grab Russian food nearby)-- it always represented "real" New York to me.

Not the same.

JT

helenhill

Cheers & Thank You, Robert !

Steve & JT / that ferris wheel shot I took two summers ago ...Aug 2007 :D

helenhill

Mermaid Parade ...Coney Island 2009
M2 / 35 pre asph lux
Click on to make Image BIGGER

Last edited: