The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Close-up conversion lens

Ron Evers

Here is an example of a Raynox DCR 150 clipped onto the front of a Minolta 100mm prime. The flower, a geranium, is about 1½"/40mm across & I focused on the Pistol. Tripod shot @ f16.

P

pieter

Lovely shot Ron. However, it's a pistil, not a pistol..... sorry to be pedantic.

P

pieter

Ron, wish I had that sort of close-up capability at the moment. I'm waiting for a Rollei SL adapter to arrive so I can use my old Rollei SL35 lenses and extension tubes, can't wait.

BTW, the lady in that article is incorrect. And not just on the issue of pistil, but also on the anther, which she refers to as the antler. Everybody is an expert on the web, the least they can do is get the very basics right. Check Wikipedia, a much better reference source, for things of all manner.

Last edited: