The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Oly m4/3 coming soon

clark666

Yes, but better IQ and a pop-up flash, so I can guess what the upscale, "professional" EP will be: An E-P with all the good points and none of the bad. This slow introduction of models is Olympus' way of having us pay to do their marketing for them.

madmaxmedia

Does anyone know for sure if this is a different sensor than the E-P1, and if so what practical difference that would make?

"At the heart of the E-PL1 is a large-size image sensor that's the same sensor as the one inside the Olympus E-30 and E-620 Digital SLR models."

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...q_v=c79b90090f

So, there is an enhanced data processing system, Truepic V, and hopefully, the anti alias filter on the sensor has been reduced in strength

More resolution and less weight! So, do I keep the E-620 that I just bought?

nostatic

Maybe I'm missing something, but this doesn't seem much smaller than the E-P1, does the same video resolution but without onboard stereo. It does have popup flash (don't care) and EVF capability (maybe care). Be interesting to see the IQ difference (if any). Used E-P1s may end up being the hot ticket...

clark666

If the E-P, E-620, and E-30 imaging sensors are the same, but the data processing is improved in the newer cameras, is it possible for Olympus to upgrade Olympus Master to provide the same image quality for any RAW image? I guess the reason is the in-camera anti-aliasing filter; is this filter affecting the RAW images too?

I don't understand how the newer data processing in-camera affects the RAW image development out-of-camera.

These reports of superior high ISO images produced by the newer models are JPEGs?

It is clear that I don't understand the in-camera processing of RAW files. Does anyone know

madmaxmedia

Maybe I'm missing something, but this doesn't seem much smaller than the E-P1, does the same video resolution but without onboard stereo. It does have popup flash (don't care) and EVF capability (maybe care). Be interesting to see the IQ difference (if any). Used E-P1s may end up being the hot ticket...
They sorta already are- you can find them on EBay for less than the E-PL1 MSRP.