The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Oly m4/3 coming soon

Rawfa

Man, if it's more compact than the E-P1 and it has the same sensor then this could be very interesting.

vincechu

Man, if it's more compact than the E-P1 and it has the same sensor then this could be very interesting.
I totally agree :) hope its IQ is the same if not better and its good to hear it has a flash, i guess it'll have in body IS as Olympus dont make IS-ed lenses. Guessing it won't have a slot for a EVF tho, as this is supposedly their "cheaper" model

Terry

43rumors.com has full pictures and specs.

$599 with 14-42 available March.
9-18 and 14-150 $699 and $599 not till June.

Rawfa

Other than the price and slightly smaller size it doesn't seem to have many advantages over the E-P1...plus it looks really darn ugly. I'll be keeping my E-P1 for now.

P.S - I hate the fact that there's no body only option. I've already have all the kit lenses!

jonoslack

Hi Terry
You are soooo quick on the uptake!
I think this sounds like a good move (not interested myself however).

Brian Mosley

I totally agree :) hope its IQ is the same if not better and its good to hear it has a flash, i guess it'll have in body IS as Olympus dont make IS-ed lenses. Guessing it won't have a slot for a EVF tho, as this is supposedly their "cheaper" model
Looks like the EVF socket is included.

Cheers

Brian

scho

Sigh...:cry: When I see companies moving down the ladder with their product releases I get worried that perhaps they don't think that m43 is system worthy. Where is the high end body with built-in high res EVF, rotating LCD, weather sealing, improved sensor, and some supporting top notch glass. C'mon Olympus and Panasonic - enough with the toy camera releases and micro-incremental mid/low end model improvements every 6 months.

V

Vivek

Sigh...:cry: When I see companies moving down the ladder with their product releases I get worried that perhaps they don't think that m43 is system worthy. Where is the high end body with built-in high res EVF, rotating LCD, weather sealing, improved sensor, and some supporting top notch glass. C'mon Olympus and Panasonic - enough with the toy camera releases and micro-incremental mid/low end model improvements every 6 months.
:clap:

vincechu

haha i read that quickly and thought it was the new camera with the 9-18 at 699 and the camera with the 14-150mm for $599. what a bargain that would be :p

vincechu

Has anyone heard anything about the Olympus 14-150?

I'm wondering what it will be like compared to the Panasonic 14-140, i'm guess no IS and probably not silent for videos. But maybe more compact?

V

Vivek

Body with an EVF for $349/- would be.

haha i read that quickly and thought it was the new camera with the 9-18 at 699 and the camera with the 14-150mm for $599. what a bargain that would be :p