The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Finally shot a low light concert with the GF1

Thanks Paul.

Yes, shooting a live music show can definitely make your head spin, especially if you are actively trying to manage exposure with changing light conditions. This venue used to have really poor lighting but it was fairly easy to shoot in terms of exposure settings - always 1600ISO f/1.4 and 1/50 or 1/60. Now with the more dynamic lighting you need to adjust for backlighting, spot meter, quickly moving subjects, etc.

I just found the GF1 to be easy enough to do all those things with; certainly no more difficult than the 5D. Would I take it to every show? No. But now at least I know that if there is an environment that I'd prefer not to have the big rig in, the Panny will get the job done.

btw, I'm on Flickr, I'll make you contact momentarily.