The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 110 adaptor from RJ Camera has arrived

laptoprob

Don't remember where, but I've seen examples of the rear-lens aperture. There is a big risk of vignetting, ofcourse. The original shutter/aperture is rectangular. I am planning to make an aperture-rear cap with such an opening. As soon as I can get a fitting cap...
Anyone have a spare rear cap? It should fit inside the m39mm mount that I glued to the back of the 20-40 zoom.

pellicle

Tom, there's been a few home grown solutions here on getdpi with apertures incorporated. Personally I am not so inclined to go that far with these little guys

I really like the 50mm but the 24 is just too puny and looks kind like a shrunken head on a normal body

the thing is (for me) that if you're going to stop down at all then I'd be just as happy using the standard zoom lens.

As to the reason why Jinfinance puts on the disclaimer I can only guess that its because some people are really NOT the sort of people who should be tinkering and will get worried about stuff ... I recall a person getting worried that a packet of salt might be past its use by date "well, you never know, it could go bad"

hmmm

glad the post was useful ... I wrote it as I was evaluating my test results from todays testing, so it actually works out well for my focus.

:)

T

thearne3

Pellicle: thanks for the links. I saw the pin-hole approach from ChrisR, but didn't see other thread.

Tom

Just got mine...seems to be pretty robust. It should be easy enough to plug the light leak with a bit of foam or adhesive felt. Rather a drag to have to do that, though.

pellicle

Hi

Just got mine...seems to be pretty robust. It should be easy enough to plug the light leak with a bit of foam or adhesive felt. Rather a drag to have to do that, though.
I tried shielding it with cloth and unshielding it to no noticable effect. I was going to stip some felt from a used 35mm cassette but after trying it couldn't work up the energy to solve the problem

hawkpeng seems to have a better adaptor (US$135) which also has a nicer fit to the lens it seems. meaning that the edge doesn't hang over like this:

this may make for some benefits in the case of one dropping the camera, but doesn't seem to make much difference otherwise.