The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

addicted

back alley

i'm beginning to understand why people who sell drugs and people who sell cameras are called dealers...

back alley

you might be wondering why i posted this in the m4/3 section...i just bought a second g1 so that i would have a 2 body, 2 lens set-up and no need for lens changes.
i did this after carefully deciding that i didn't want a gf1.

but really, i want a gf1, too.

ustein

Contributing Editor
.i just bought a second g1 so that i would have a 2 body, 2 lens set-up and no need for lens changes.
I like to have multiple cameras with lenses ready to go. With m4/3 this is not big deal in terms of weight and size.

JBurnett

Years ago I had two Olympus OM1's and a 35mm f/2 and 85mm f/2 lens. For the most part, this was great. But there was still the film dilemma: B&W in both? Colour in one?

Jonas

I can't say I'm addicted to camera bodies. Selling the OM-4Ti wasn't an easy decision but that's about it.
However, some time ago I owned 14 50mm lenses at the same time (well, 45-58mm). I sold most of them but I'm suddenly finding myself owning not less than nine, again, and a LTM mount 50 Canon on its way. How does this happen?

Yes, there are dealers out there, like siren's I hear them. I got some new fast ones here, a 1.2? I have Luxes, I have Crons. A Nocti in a day, just let me know. Uncoated Russians? Beautiful macros, a black G series, some petit ones guaranteed to send you sky high. And for you my friend, a special price on a special Pen!

Like Odysseus I need somebody to stop me or I'll just continue circling around.

/Jonas

you might be wondering why i posted this in the m4/3 section...i just bought a second g1 so that i would have a 2 body, 2 lens set-up and no need for lens changes.
i did this after carefully deciding that i didn't want a gf1.

but really, i want a gf1, too.
Customs finally let you have it, Joe?

back alley

did i not let you know john??
my bad!!
yes, it finally got through all the hoopla and made it's way to my kit. it's very nice and the 20 loves being attached to it...but i hear that damn gf1 calling.

lattiboy

Oh man, I used to have G.A.S. SOOOO bad (a personal problem, I know).

When I was shooting Sony I would be up nights trying to figure out how to afford their big glass. I finally got the vaunted 85mm f/1.4 G and was so very happy. I kinda crashed after that, but now that I'm getting into $#@! ZEISS LENSES I'll be bankrupted by the end of the month.

I'm almost positive the next step is Leica stuff. I can feel it in my bones.

PS If I had the money I'd have EVERY M43 body. I think they're all awesome for different reasons. I can't wait to see what Sony and Canon do with the small-format EVIL stuff....