The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help me spend $500

Godfrey

Dragos, that sounds great and inspiring, I hope you will have fun. I'll check again what his available here locally in workshops/courses and may do something similar.

Godfrey, I didn't want to insult your lenses by calling them inferior, sorry, bad choice of word ;) I was just thinking about the great pics from you I had seen taken with the relatively inexpensive Konica lens while most lenses I bought in the past year cost m more than that. I just realized that owning 20+ lenses doesn't help my photography one bit if I don't learn how to use them, and that I have not spent my time wisely in the last year. Over in another forum we always say that the professional has everthing he needs, the amateur has everything. I seem to have followed that trend here and just realized I need to shift my focus to get better, that's all.

Stefan
Thank you for the compliment!
Don't worry, I didn't take offense. And I don't think the lenses did either. ;-)

Sounds like you're on the way to a different mindset now ... always great to do a refresh and think about things from a different angle. Enjoy the workshop!

apicius9

Hi Dragos, thanks for bringing that up at exactly this time - I just signed up for a 1-day Lightroom workshop next week and a photography course (5 sessions) starting mid-March. And they are on campus in walking distance from my office, I wouldn't even have looked if you hadn't brought up that topic.

Stefan