The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

38+ year old Canadian Rye Whiskey

Ron Evers

It has been a very long time since I remember seeing a Government seal on booze in the liquor store.

Super Takumar 55/1.8

Ron Evers

"if the second shot is a 100% crop from the first, then the takumar really is beautiful "

It is not a crop.

Anything in it Bill?

Here is a crop of the first pic:

Last edited:
A

alanwf

gotta love the phrase:

experts will face a delicate task in trying to extract the contents.

Bill Gordon

"if the second shot is a 100% crop from the first, then the takumar really is beautiful "

It is not a crop.

Anything in it Bill?

Here is a crop of the first pic:

Yes Ron it is just as it came from the store however when I saw your post I rushed to the cabinet to get the bottle out and when I unzipped it to show the seal......the seal broke!! It was the first time the zipper had been pulled down. Yes, it is still full and it is corked. Wisers Distillery are no longer in business, just like Eatons and Simpsons, Pontiac and Packard, on and on! I was in such a hurry to snap these with the new E-P2 which seems to be sharp and the EVF is better than the E-3 was!!

Tullio

That's one sharp lens. Is it a M42 mount? If so, do you have any other M42 mount lens you'd recommend?

Ron Evers

That's one sharp lens. Is it a M42 mount? If so, do you have any other M42 mount lens you'd recommend?
It's the only Takumar I have & yes it is a M42 mount. I will buy more Takumars if I get a good deal. :D

I have a Minolta 55/1.7 that I will do a duplicate shoot with today & post the results in this thread. Should be interesting.

Tullio

You're right. It's a good lens but not as sharp. Beware that not all Takumar lenses are good. I have a 135mm PK mount, which is horrible. It under exposes, produces tons of PF and CA, it's soft, the works. It was a disappointment, for sure. Then again, I have three 135mm lenses and none are good performers, so I think that explains why 135mm lenses are cheap compared to other FL.