The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ship Ahoy

T

tripper

Four images taken on the coast of Scotland recently. All G1 and 45-200mm.

1. Ship Ahoy. 155mm f5.2 1/800s iso200

2. Rough seas. 51mm f14 1/15s iso100

3. Barns Ness lighthouse. 109mm f16 1/50s iso100

4. Beach at North Berwick. 78mm f11 1/160s iso100

tripper

Ron Evers

Very nice shots. I would prefer a little more sky & less foreground in #1 which is my fav of the set.

T

tripper

Big thanks to pellicle, Michiel, woodmancy & Ron for your kind words, much appreciated.

woodmancy asked " Has anyone asked about your workflow in PP. "

Not that I remember woodmancy, but no dark secrets or applications of pixie dust :) just a generous sprinkling of PS as required ! maybe a touch of extra saturation, a shot of contrast where needed, a liberal dose of selective sharpening. Each image treated individually and PP'd by 'eye'. As you state I tend to prefer my pictures with strong colours, contrast that 'bites' and decent sharpness. Hopefully pictures that 'PoP'

tripper

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Big thanks to pellicle, Michiel, woodmancy & Ron for your kind words, much appreciated.

woodmancy asked " Has anyone asked about your workflow in PP. "

Not that I remember woodmancy, but no dark secrets or applications of pixie dust :) just a generous sprinkling of PS as required ! maybe a touch of extra saturation, a shot of contrast where needed, a liberal dose of selective sharpening. Each image treated individually and PP'd by 'eye'. As you state I tend to prefer my pictures with strong colours, contrast that 'bites' and decent sharpness. Hopefully pictures that 'PoP'

tripper
Thanks tripper - it works :salute:

Keith

DHart

Very nice! But the Rough Seas image is absent to my viewing.

I have waffled back and forth on getting the 45-200, but of late, I really think I could put that lens to good use from time to time. The IQ really is very nice! Thanks for posting these.

photoSmart42

Very nice! On the topic of ships, here a couple I took in San Diego harbor last month. Still working on my composition skillz =). Both taken with the 20/1.7.