The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Raw developer = more pixels?

Don't know if this has been noted before:
I downloaded this G1+7/14 RW2 image from fourthirds-user.com to evaluate the zoom, than opened it with raw developer, and surprise, more pixels.
Other strange thing is that PS image size says 4000x3000 for both.

ACR

RAW DEVELOPER

Regards.
Sergio

photoSmart42

The ACR one looks like it's been processed at the very least to adjust for the lens distortion (see the vertical side of the wall on the right side). The RAW developer image looks more like un-corrected native RAW.

pellicle

Don't know if this has been noted before:
than opened it with raw developer, and surprise, more pixels.
Other strange thing is that PS image size says 4000x3000 for both.
I think it has. I understood that its to give the lens corrections (which happen in camera as well as on raw files if you have the right stuff) room to move the image around and retain 4000x3000.

depending on the lenses (like legacy 35mm) it just means you gain that wee bit more.

:)