The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Late to the party - need advice

Terry

I'm late to this thread....
I've had the Panasonic half case since October and really like it. I do think it makes a difference holding and gripping the camera. Recently I added the top of the half case (to fit the 20mm lens). Love it. Wish I had gotten it sooner. I take the GF1 + 20mm everywhere so, with this case I just throw it in my handbag. If I'm using a bigger lens I just unsnap the top portion.

I also just got a GF1 converted to IR...for that one I bought the Panasonic white half case from the same ebay vendor.

WOW, you guys (and gals) are so helpful... and to a newcomer, no less. I'm not much of a forum or show-n-tell kind of guy, but I have spent more time than I care to admit lurking on a variety of hobby related forums. And I have to say, this group is different. I mean it's special. Won't get all slobbery, but I think you know what I mean. I'm sure you feel it as well. Might have a lot to do with the vision and management of it by Guy and Jack. Well done.

Off subject, but had to be said.

DHart

seablister... agreed, this is an awesome forum with some great people.

The G1 is really my 'main' m4/3rds. Just that the GF1 goes more casual places--easy to stick it in a handbag by itself. Hasn't been much image making these past months--ugly here LOL, but I take the cam 'just in case'.

Diane
I can see that a G1/GH1 would probably for a better (though slightly larger) primary m4/3 camera than the GF1 and that the GF1 is a better grab and run camera 'just in case'. That's why I'm edging ever closer to adding a GH1 to my GF1. More lenses, two bodies, sheesh... money, money, money. Since I waded into the m4/3 pool to catch a GF1, the undertow has pulled me quickly into the deeper waters!

Terry

seablister... agreed, this is an awesome forum with some great people.

I can see that a G1/GH1 would probably for a better (though slightly larger) primary m4/3 camera than the GF1 and that the GF1 is a better grab and run camera 'just in case'. That's why I'm edging ever closer to adding a GH1 to my GF1. More lenses, two bodies, sheesh... money, money, money. Since I waded into the m4/3 pool with my GF1, it's lured me quickly into the deeper waters!
You might still be in the shallow end....it goes deeper - legacy lenses and all sorts of stuff! :ROTFL:

DHart

You might still be in the shallow end....it goes deeper - legacy lenses and all sorts of stuff! :ROTFL:
Sheesh... don't I know it. :eek: It's a great and glorious pool to venture into, though! :)

I've got to get busy selling off equipment I'm not using so I can continue to feed my GF/GH lust.

Diane B

Sheesh... don't I know it. :eek: It's a great and glorious pool to venture into, though! :)

I've got to get busy selling off equipment I'm not using so I can continue to feed my GF/GH lust.
I KNOW---that's why I'm paring down my Canon gear to just what I need for the occasional work with it. Then--I will be in the position to add/adjust my m43/rds gear.

D

duckrider

Looks a little similar on German 4/3 forum:
There are a lot of people satisfied with GF1, but for additional use we (including me!) are thinkin' about a complementary body:
Cheap G1?
Modern GH1?
New model?

There's always reason and opportunity to spend money into m4/3...

good time
(and filled wallet)
Thomas