The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Finally I got my Pan 7-14mm f/4.0

T

tripper

Further thanks from me for all the nice comments (since my last post)

alanwf said;

" What impressed me (as I wait about 4 more days for my 7-14 to come in ) is the even exposure and color balance. or any special set up with the lights? "

Thanks again alan. I shot these raw and I increased the exposure a little in the dark tones of the oven and the bread to bring out more detail. Colour balance was AWB at 3450 and I never altered that. It was a pretty sunny day and my body is blocking the window because the highlights were 'blowing out'
No special lighting, I did have the room lights on. I do find the exposure meter in the G1 pretty good with the exception of handling highlights. The oven shot was Centre weighted and the Fridge Pattern metering.

tripper

greypilgrim

Seemed odd to me too as I can't find one anywhere. :confused:
Try Panasonic Direct (their online store). I essentially got mine through that mechanism. Even though they show back ordered, they take the order and ship within a reasonable amount of time.

Doug

Tullio

Amazon has it in stock (actually the seller is One Call - very reputable online retailer) for $1200.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Hope you don't mind me showing one new shot from today with the 7-14mm. Waited for this lens to shoot this scene.

Terry

Hope you don't mind me showing one new shot from today with the 7-14mm. Waited for this lens to shoot this scene.

Shot was worth the wait. I'm looking forward to heading south in the AM...we are rainy/drizzle/fog in the city but it is supposed to clear!

wjlapier

I picked up another one in the B+S forum. I foolishly sold my GF1 kit which included the 7-14 and it was a huge regret.

Guy, do you still have my 14-140? ;)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I picked up another one in the B+S forum. I foolishly sold my GF1 kit which included the 7-14 and it was a huge regret.

Guy, do you still have my 14-140? ;)
LOL sort of . I had to sell it to Bob for the 7-14 but I still have it here but need to deliver it at the workshop. Damn, I like that lens also but I wanted a IR GF1 so something had to give. For now at least

Terry

So, Guy on a whim I ordered the Pannyleica 14-150 for 4/3....which is supposed to be an excellent lens. Of course it is backordered and I have no clue if it will get here in time but we may have an extra zoom lens to play with. Unless we find me a "cherry blossom" GF1 that eats up my "frivolous expense" budget.

B

Bill Poupore

Uwe...I really like the Barn in B&W. Wondering how you did the speckled look on the borders around your pictures?

Bill

ustein

Contributing Editor
Uwe...I really like the Barn in B&W. Wondering how you did the speckled look on the borders around your pictures?

Bill
I created some sort of paper texture and fill the border with it. All the text, the thin frame and the copyright text is generated by an own CS4 droplet directly from Lightroom.