The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I want one....

V

Vivek

From Pana:

By adding the new pink to the conventional color variation of black, red, silver and white, the DMC-GF1 further enhances its reputation of bringing pleasure and excitement to owning a high quality camera in the digital era.
The lens is still black and grey though.

f6cvalkyrie

Will it be available for Valentine's Day :angel::angel:

My wife needs an upgrade (a camera upgrade, that is) ;)

C U,
Rafael

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking I screwed up when I sent a black one in for IR conversion -- should have sprung for a red one, or now this option :D

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Yup,
I tried to find a red one in stock for IR conversion but failed to find anything that would arrive in a short time. Thinking about it now, a white gf1 would have served as well.
-bob

Terry

Yup,
I tried to find a red one in stock for IR conversion but failed to find anything that would arrive in a short time. Thinking about it now, a white gf1 would have served as well.
-bob
I got a white half case for my IR camera for easy identification.

Diane B

What's to say but 'oh my'. I'm not really a 'pink' person--red possibly, but not sure I'd ever have the nerve to pull this out of a bag LOL. Not sure why, but this reminds me of the "Peach Orchard' segment in "Akira Kurosawa's Dreams" (movie).

Diane

photoSmart42

Just sent this announcement to my wife. It's quite possible I'll end up getting my hands on her G1 so I can do an IR conversion to it after she buys this =).

V

Vivek

An IR cam is easily marked. Just put a red sticker on the golden L .:)

BTW, I am betting that the pink Pana will look white in IR. :ROTFL:

Terry

Just sent this announcement to my wife. It's quite possible I'll end up getting my hands on her G1 so I can do an IR conversion to it after she buys this =).
What isn't clear is whether or not they will make a version that has multiple languages. Japanese local models don't include English as a menu choice.

monza

Heh. I would rather they make more 7-14mm than offer more colors. We have had 7-14s on order since August and have received a grand total of ONE UNIT. :(